Community Forum

Dead Breeds ? [Competition]

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Willowtry
Visit My Farm

Dead Breeds ? [Competition]

Post by Willowtry »

Hi, I'm a new player and I am kind of stuck at the "enter a competition" tutotial part.

Maybe it's due to the lack of proper filter options (I admit I didnt check every single page), but aside for geldings, I didn't see any competition which isn't restricted to specific breeds. As the title suggests, it leads me to the situation where there is just no competiont for me to enter with my breed. The single one I could theoretically access has an entry fee of 20 000 (for a level 1 competition), so obviously, with just a tutorial-level income, there's just no way I could even enter it regardless.

So my question is: are there any competitions for any breeds not restricted to geldings and I should just go through dozens of pages to find them?
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Dead Breeds ? [Competition]

Post by Silverine »

Willowtry wrote:Hi, I'm a new player and I am kind of stuck at the "enter a competition" tutotial part.

Maybe it's due to the lack of proper filter options (I admit I didnt check every single page), but aside for geldings, I didn't see any competition which isn't restricted to specific breeds. As the title suggests, it leads me to the situation where there is just no competiont for me to enter with my breed. The single one I could theoretically access has an entry fee of 20 000 (for a level 1 competition), so obviously, with just a tutorial-level income, there's just no way I could even enter it regardless.

So my question is: are there any competitions for any breeds not restricted to geldings and I should just go through dozens of pages to find them?
Go to your horse's profile page. (Quick link to your mare.) On their profile, under their Breeders Report, is a section labeled "Competition Record". In the banner for that section is a button labeled "Find Upcoming Competitions". If you click that button it will show you all of the competitions that that horse can enter.

For further reference, if you look at competitions using the "Upcoming Competitions" link in the left sidebar the first like 10 pages are ancient competitions that haven't run because there aren't enough horses that qualify for them to reach the 5 entries needed to be run. There are a few methods to cut down on those. Method 1: skip all the way to the last page and move forward from there. Method 2: pick a specific discipline that you want to enter and view the competitions specifically for this discipline. This won't remove all of the ancient unrun competitions, but it will greatly cut down on them and you should easily be able to find something to enter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Method 3: put in your max entry fee and skip the first five or so pages.
Willowtry
Visit My Farm

Post by Willowtry »

Oh, thanks a lot for all the information. :) The tutorial directed me to the "upcoming competitions" link, without specifying they were old competitions, and I never noticed the option to find competitions directly on the horse's profile. ^^'
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Willowtry wrote:Oh, thanks a lot for all the information. :) The tutorial directed me to the "upcoming competitions" link, without specifying they were old competitions, and I never noticed the option to find competitions directly on the horse's profile. ^^'
Yeah, that part should probably be tweaked a bit until the old competitions get cleared out. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:47 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:47 pm