Community Forum

Eval

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Mommabear
Visit My Farm

Eval

Post by Mommabear »

How do you eval your horses?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Eval

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mommabear wrote:How do you eval your horses?
There are a number of ways an evaluation can be done, all dependent on what evaluation you want.

First, there is the Breed Evaluation (found under the evaluation tab in the horse's profile page). In this case, you will need the breed book you want to evaluate the horse against, already purchased.

Then there is Discipline Evaluation. Unfortunately, this isn't released to us yet, at least, not the one that we can access on the horse's profile page.

Then there is the evaluations we can do manually per discipline, per color and per goals.

So... which evaluation are you looking for?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mommabear
Visit My Farm

Post by Mommabear »

Both if you can help me
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mommabear wrote:Both if you can help me
I should be able to.

You don't have too many horses, so I'll get through them and see if you understand a bit more about evaluations. :mrgreen:

spinner is a pure arabian. She evaluates as a 4, for the breed. She fails in height as a 14.0 hand when arabians are 14.0 to 15.3 hands. Why does she fail at height? Because there's further decimal points after then 14.0xxx So we say instead, she must be a 'Short 14.0 hand horse' and the evaluation for an arabian must be for a 'Tall 14.0 hand horse'. She's an AC arabian so she has a random mix of all the genes that come with an AC horse. She's a greying bay and according to her children, she only has one gray gene to pass on.
AC horses are undeveloped unknowns. They need to be refined after a few generations to breed out what you don't want and keep what you do. So evaluating her on discipline or your goals is just way too early. But overall, she's a good AC horse. Why? well... all horses are good AC horses, until they aren't. :mrgreen: And we identify not-good AC horses by them simply not giving us anything, any little thing at all, of what we want.

Lox is a pure NAB. She evaluates as 5 for her breed (these are often referred to as 5 star, 4 star and so on). She is a brown roan. Some people refer to this color as seal brown (roan). You can tell the difference between a bay and a brown by the reversal of the points, namely the nose. A bay will have a black nose and a brown will have a brown or red nose.
As Lox is also an AC horse, further evaluations will be... rather lacking. One can do anything with these, but they're for the development of our lines, mainly.

Puzzle my Lox, Lox's son, by Puzzle came out as one might expect from two AC horses. There is yet no real identity for what the line is to become or where you're aiming for right now. That said, the mix isn't bad and nor is it good. The red-colored strength reveals only that NAB's aren't really known for their strength. But they're also not known for a weakness in this stat. It is, rather right in the middle, both in the hard gene strength that underlays it and in the strength stat that comes from the body conformation (the conformation score).
It is simply a yet undeveloped line.

Catching em is another AC NAB. For the breed, this mare evaluates as a 5. She is a chestnut. With Tobiano (as a short aside, any body, face and leg markings on HWO, are all directly caused by Tobiano currently. There are no other 'paint' patterns yet released to us, so no frame, no sabino, etc. and also, no other face and leg markings, like stars and socks). Again, you can see the NAB red strength stat. No surprise. If you want to stop the red comments from appearing, just cull-out any foals that appear with a red stat. They're not bad, per-se, but they can be detrimental if that stat is one in your favored discipline. Such as log pulling. You will want to cull out any red strength comment to that end.
Overall, this mare appears to have maybe better hard genes then the average that comes out of the AC.
If you become upgraded, you will be able to see the Conformation Scores.
These are her's:
Speed 27
Strength 24
Stamina 28
Intelligence Conformation does not affect Intelligence
Balance 28
Movement 25
Agility 44
Tempo 27

This may confuse you a bit, but to keep it as simple as possible:
The breeding report is a compilation of both the hard genes of the stats themselves (speed, strength, agility, etc) AND ALSO the conformation scores (the body buildup). If you add these together, you get the breeder's report.
So, if you take away the conformation scores and you look 'at' the hard genes themselves, you will begin to understand how much potential your horse has.
The higher the conformation score, the more that horse has in their body conformation to help toward that same stat.
If you see her first three stats:
Speed at 27
Strength at 24
and Stamina at 28...
You think, 'well this horse is rather awful.' But you must take into account the comments:
Speed: With a little training, this mare could become renowned for her speed.
Strength: Who sold you this beast? She's got no natural strength whatsoever!
Stamina: Hard to tell, stamina-wise. Looks like she'll hold up though.
You can begin to see that the speed, at least is quite strong, even without much help from the body. The strength, rather awful, but that's expected for the NAB and the stamina, right in the medium area.

The only real area in which this mare suffers greatly in, is agility.

You don't need to upgrade and see the conformation scores to get somewhere in this game. They can be used as a guide to get somewhere much more quickly, but they won't break you. In fact, I broke my first record before I even upgraded or took a look at any of my own horse's scores.

If you breed her carefully, you may get somewhere more quickly with her. That said, I say 'more quickly' but I want to stress it's more of a matter of getting there one generation quicker. It's not a great difference, but can make a difference.

Passion catching. This is the first foal with enough of a pedigree to evaluate some. As a cross between an AC and a lined horse, he came out as expected. Somewhere right in the middle of the two. HGP is just about right in the middle and overall BR is just about right in the middle. For a cross like this, this isn't what we hope for, but what we usually receive. It can go quite a bit worse... but with an AC parent, it doesn't get too much better. It appears, what you chose to do, is correct some of the body form you don't want that the mare has, with the body form you do want, that the sire has... that and tobiano patterning. :D He's got flatter hip angles than his mother, a slightly bigger frame overall (including height) and a heavier face.
If this was your aim, then he'd be a good candidate to pass onward these qualities.
As a discipline horse, he'll need to gain a bit more HGP before he can do much. Low levels might get you somewhere, but it's generally offered to develop them into at least the late 40's before trying them in something.

Priceless lox is the above horse's half sister. As you can see with the HGP, fillies on HWO are slightly less able overall then their colt counterparts. So it's not unusual to see all of your fillies from the same pair of parents, to come out a couple thousand HGP less than all of the colts. Overall, however, I'd suggest that this filly takes after her sire just a little better than her half brother, Passion catching. Although there is less hard genes there, then her brother has (about 2000 hgp points less), her body conformation appears it's taking after her sire a little more strongly, which, if that's what you're aiming for, would be a good thing. She is a smoky brown roan. Don't be surprised if she throws a palomino or a buckskin. :D
This filly also has a better correct agility hard gene stat:
Appears to be a very agile filly, should do good for you. Conformation score: 30
Since her sire has this: Seems fairly agile, but hard to say for sure. Conformation score: 29
This tells me that her dame: This mare isn't very agile nor is she stiff. Conformation score: 32
Likely has some hidden halfway decent genes for agility.
Why isn't it more likely to come from the sire? Because the sire has a COI (coefficient of inbreeding) of 51.82%. So he's mainly showing more of what he has and his genes will be narrower than what your AC mare has. I'm not saying that your mare definitely has them, just saying it's more likely at this point that she could be hiding something. More foals with better agility by different sires may be the proof you need.

Spirit spiiner appears to've popped out quite nicely. He's a bit above the average between the two. Overall, the sire appears to be on a fairly decent path of becoming a good breeder line, meaning that the hard genes are being developed and not just (or in spite of) the conformation scores. In this way, it may've appeared to mess up the conformation scores a bit, but gave a good hard-gene boost to the hard stats themselves. Here is his conformation scores:
Speed 13
Strength 19
Stamina 27
Intelligence Conformation does not affect Intelligence
Balance 16
Movement 32
Agility 51
Tempo 26
'Average speed' comment with a 13, means that almost all of those points are coming from the hard genes he has for speed.
Balance looks nice too, as does tempo... so overall you really boosted your bloodline so far, to take on better genes. Now to develop this further, you'll want to choose your breeding partners carefully and keep only the foals that fit what you're aiming for.
For this foal, I'm not sure what you're aiming for, with this cross. I could've said you were aiming for the stamina, but I'm thinking instead, you were enamored by the stallions color. :D He is certainly pretty and striking overall.

Puzzle "em lox. The last one in your farm.
Another double AC parent foal. She's a purebred, so for an NAB she evaluates as 2. She fails in height, type and build. It looks like she's too short, and has too much 'horse' in her (she needs just a little more heavy, more toward the pony spectrum). So her frame is a little too light overall. She misses it by 4%. She's at 84% horse and she needs to be no more than 80% horse.
Overall HGP she's right in the middle of her parents. She doesn't pull necessarily anything awful from either one. The one good thing I think she came out on the better end of, is her movement stat. This one increased from either parent. And that's about it.
She is a bay girl, which means your mare, the chestnut, is hiding at least one agouti for bay. Her sire, a brown, cannot hide bay, since brown is 'recessive' to the bay agouti gene.

And that about sums it up. Does that help any?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 pm