Community Forum

Competition record overhaul

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Competition record overhaul

Post by Malakai10 »

So, to preface I do not think these changes should be implemented unless they come with an update to competitions that make player-made competitions cost energy because if a record overhaul comes before such an update then it will just lead to the top horses/owners being determined by whoever has the most time to spam competitions.

Pre- and post-overhaul records

If we have new things that affect competition scores (such as jockey level affecting scores (or even my previous suggestion on tack affecting the scores) then I think that we should have all current world records saved as a 'pre-overhaul records'. We would then have two lists of world records 'pre-overhaul' and 'post-overhaul'. This would account for there being new things affecting horses. However, I don't think a world record overhaul is strictly necessary unless there is a great affect on competition scores caused by a different update.

I do, however, think that once energy is needed for player competitions that the current top horses/owners should be saved as a pre- overhaul and then we get a new, fresh list for top horses/owners. This would prevent the top horses/players list from being dominated by people who simply had more time than other players to enter competitions. - the current top horse/owners list is pretty much just determined by who is the older player and who had enough free time to click buttons over and over.

New records/top owners/top horses

I think we should also add in new lists of records/top horses and top players. There should be a list of top player/horse/monthly record. These records should be taken from all competitions that were run in a specific month.

For example: Player A has accumulated 2,5 million points in total and 500 of those points were accumulated in this month. Player B has accumulated 3 000 points in total but 600 of these points were accumulated in this month. Player A would be the top owner of all time but in the 'top owner of this month' player B would rank higher than player A. This would work similarly for top horses (and also by wins and earnings.)

We could also have records for the best score this month - or this could even be done on a yearly basis. This would allow players to judge what horse is currently doing the best (if player-made competitions cost energy, this would be especially important as this would allow people to see who currently has the best horses.)

It might even be helpful to have a list of 'top horses for sale/stud'.

New player specific

I believe that, with the current setup, it can be discouraging for new players - it's hard to set a goal of 'breed the best horse' when your current competition is leagues above you. It would take the new players literal years to have even a hope of catching up with the older players.

Thus, I think that new players (perhaps players that are under one year? Or two years? It could even be separated into sections - players under 12 months, players 12-24 months, players 2-5 years and finally players of all time) should be given their own list of top horses/players and world records. Once a player has 'aged' out of a category, they are perhaps moved into an 'archive' so that the account age category records are constantly changing - so that every new player can have the opportunity to hold a record.

I think that something like this should also come with the ability to 'link' accounts - for example, my holding account (where i tend to enter competitions) was made in 2020. However, I have been playing for much longer and thus my side account is much further along than someone who actually only joined in 2020. It would be completely unfair if my side account were able to be part of the 2-5yr records. Thus, I think we should have the option to link accounts and the age of all linked accounts will be considered to be the age of the oldest account.

Ultimately, I think that this will encourage new players to keep on playing and give them easier goals to work towards.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition record overhaul

Post by BlackOak2 »

I like the age groups categories. We already separate the community between Newbies, Juniors and Seniors, so separating them into different record groups could be really beneficial overall. But you're suggesting a fourth group. I'm not really sure we need it. It certainly would be interesting and there can be a difference between a senior (somewhere over one year at least) and those that have ... well, that are coming up on a decade anniversary. :lol: I'm not quite there yet but it'll come, I'm sure.
Well... unless the world implodes! :|

And as for the rest of it, I do generally always like having more record lists rather than less. Linking accounts could be quite useful in many areas and we've all discussed this before.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
GrayGray
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

Hi!
I have already written and talked about this many times. The sense of energy behind the competition will only turn the game into an even bigger excel simulator. But the records that are erased every month are really important! And I think it's not difficult to do! Then all players will have the opportunity to have at least one record in their chosen discipline.

And competitions.
Competitions should be 10 pieces per level by default.

Just look at what is being done with unpopular disciplines?
And why can the players participating in dressage write their 5 horses for one competition, and I in the races. Can't I? Why is there such discrimination? So they can get wins where no one is involved and I'm not?

Also, the possibility of private competitions would be a plus. - I want to see my horses compete with each other, not with other players. It takes me a lot of time to test each horse. Each foal grows up first, then gets into condition, then testing for about a year. - ooooveeeer more time. I don't have that much time every day.... there is not even an opportunity to test horses for money. And I would be extremely happy about that.
Let it cost 100-50k of game money, but it would simplify my task...

Also, in the description of the horse by the book, the final growth is not shown, but if the horse does not fit into the framework according to the result of growing up, then the growth is marked in red. It's also not clear why... and so it's pretty clear how tall an adult horse will be. But the exact height would be very desirable to know.
GrayGray
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

By the way, I've been playing since 03 May 2019, and you know. it is absolutely unpleasant for me that I cannot show my horses because there are not enough competitions. Some levels are completely empty. And if there are, no one participates in them. except for 2 stubborn breeders like me.
JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

GrayGray wrote:Hi!
I have already written and talked about this many times. The sense of energy behind the competition will only turn the game into an even bigger excel simulator. But the records that are erased every month are really important! And I think it's not difficult to do! Then all players will have the opportunity to have at least one record in their chosen discipline.

And competitions.
Competitions should be 10 pieces per level by default.

Just look at what is being done with unpopular disciplines?
And why can the players participating in dressage write their 5 horses for one competition, and I in the races. Can't I? Why is there such discrimination? So they can get wins where no one is involved and I'm not?

Also, the possibility of private competitions would be a plus. - I want to see my horses compete with each other, not with other players. It takes me a lot of time to test each horse. Each foal grows up first, then gets into condition, then testing for about a year. - ooooveeeer more time. I don't have that much time every day.... there is not even an opportunity to test horses for money. And I would be extremely happy about that.
Let it cost 100-50k of game money, but it would simplify my task...

Also, in the description of the horse by the book, the final growth is not shown, but if the horse does not fit into the framework according to the result of growing up, then the growth is marked in red. It's also not clear why... and so it's pretty clear how tall an adult horse will be. But the exact height would be very desirable to know.
It's not discrimination, a rider can ride multiple horses at dressage for one show, but a jockey cant ride multiple horses in one race (:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

GrayGray wrote:By the way, I've been playing since 03 May 2019, and you know. it is absolutely unpleasant for me that I cannot show my horses because there are not enough competitions. Some levels are completely empty. And if there are, no one participates in them. except for 2 stubborn breeders like me.
Do you mean there are some levels with no competitions? If that's the case, I can make some for you. If you mean people don't compete in them, which disciplines are those?

Thank you!
GrayGray
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

Diamond Filly wrote: Do you mean there are some levels with no competitions? If that's the case, I can make some for you. If you mean people don't compete in them, which disciplines are those?

Thank you!
This is the discipline in which I develop trotting breeds - trotting. They're harness racing. Yes, there are levels in which there are 2-3 competitions. There were times when 9lvl-6lvl were generally empty.

Thank you!
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

GrayGray wrote: This is the discipline in which I develop trotting breeds - trotting. They're harness racing. Yes, there are levels in which there are 2-3 competitions. There were times when 9lvl-6lvl were generally empty.

Thank you!
If you need comps run, feel free to shoot me a ping (not right now- I gotta sleep, I work in the morning). But I'm currently working on something vaguely racing-themed, so I'd be happy to enter some comps so they run.
GrayGray
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote: If you need comps run, feel free to shoot me a ping (not right now- I gotta sleep, I work in the morning). But I'm currently working on something vaguely racing-themed, so I'd be happy to enter some comps so they run.
Okay! :D
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

GrayGray wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote: Do you mean there are some levels with no competitions? If that's the case, I can make some for you. If you mean people don't compete in them, which disciplines are those?

Thank you!
This is the discipline in which I develop trotting breeds - trotting. They're harness racing. Yes, there are levels in which there are 2-3 competitions. There were times when 9lvl-6lvl were generally empty.

Thank you!
I get it! Thank you.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 am

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 am