Community Forum

Filly with wrong breed?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Filly with wrong breed?

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Quälgeist wrote:ok, so i need to buy the books for the breeds im trying to breed and evaluate the parents. The more they fit to the breed i want to create, the higher is the chance the foal will be born as the breed im trying to get?
Yes, exactly! Good luck!
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Quälgeist wrote:thats sweet of you, i was trying to breed an Ardennais. I bought some horses, that are more similar to the Ardennais in their evaluation. I hope i did it correctly this time
so she was the breed you were trying to breed?
Quälgeist
Visit My Farm

Post by Quälgeist »

so she was the breed you were trying to breed?[/quote]

she was a belgian x forest horse, not a ardennais
i evaluated the parents and turns out they were terrible for creating ardennais..thats probably why
Color Guide
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Color Guide »

Quälgeist wrote: she was a belgian x forest horse, not a ardennais
i evaluated the parents and turns out they were terrible for creating ardennais..thats probably why
Ardennais can be tricky, as the Forest Horse doesn't like to throw enough heavy genes into the mix. What you may need to do is breed heavier Forest Horses first (breed Forest Horse to Forest Horse and only keep if the foal is heavier than the parents) and then cross them with Belgians.

Alternatively - you can breed your Forest Horse x Belgian foals together for the possibility that their foals will pop up as Ardennais.
Tea's Freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by Tea's Freezer »

Quälgeist wrote:so she was the breed you were trying to breed?
she was a belgian x forest horse, not a ardennais
i evaluated the parents and turns out they were terrible for creating ardennais..thats probably why[/quote]
also pay attention to how far on either side they are- if both are bad to one direction (both too light/heavy/tall/short) you'll struggle more, but if for example one is too short and one is too tall you could still get a foal that evals well. it's just luck.
And you can also breed the belgian x forest horse foals together and still have a chance at the ardennais.
Quälgeist
Visit My Farm

Post by Quälgeist »

thank you all for the help :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:47 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:47 pm