Community Forum

Glitch or something else?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Glitch or something else?

Post by Meanwhile »

I've seen things like impossible mane/body combinations as glitches, but I don't think I remember seeing a different style of dun or bay as a glitch before. Can anyone enlighten me on what happened here?

I adopted this boy from the AC yesterday because of his pale coloration and lack of bright dun markings (and because I liked the way the red bay colored the base of his mane vividly):

And here he is today, just one month older:

He's like a completely different horse now. And here is his link, for reference: HERE
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Glitch or something else?

Post by Silverine »

Meanwhile wrote:
Yes, he appears to be a glitch. :) I'm guessing that no one's really noticed with the Przewalski's before because they all have basically the same coat. So even when you end up with a glitch you might not see it. :lol: I'd still suggest keeping an eye on him - he may change back to his original coat at 10 years. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure because he's a Prze and they all have the same color for their manes and tails.
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

Silverine wrote: :lol:
Haaa... great. My first real glitch! :roll:

I'm hoping his first coat is the real one, not only because I like it, but those stark dun markings in his second version look a little strange to me, almost like they're not filtered right or something. (That neck triangle! And his tail is so red!)

I'm definitely going to keep him. He's good for an AC horse, and now I want to experiment and see if I can guess which is the "real" version before he turns 10. I'll be breeding him with ladies that are pale with scant markings anyway, so if their babies show up like BAM! with bright markings, I'll know the second boy is the real one. :lol:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Meanwhile wrote:
I also like his first coat better. :)

Just in case you're interested, here are two real-life horses with very striking primitive markings. The first is a Hucul stallion, the second is a Sorraia.

Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

Silverine wrote:Just in case you're interested, here are two real-life horses with very striking primitive markings. The first is a Hucul stallion, the second is a Sorraia.
Those are GORGEOUS horses, wow. Those are immediately going in my "cool horses" folder.

And don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold set of primitive markings. I've got a couple Prze-based and Tarp-based studs I like to visit when I can who carry some awesome marks... just not on this guy, haha. I still think his look weird. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:52 pm

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:52 pm