Community Forum

Private Competitions?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Private Competitions?

Post by Meanwhile »

I tried to look around, but I can't find an answer to this, so I apologize if I missed the information somewhere.

Are we allowed to make "private" competitions? I thought for some reason that it was against the rules, but I keep seeing shows that say things like "please don't enter" and whatnot. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a different rule. I'd thought it could be considered cheating if you make shows intended to only have your own horses in them, or something? I can't find the information that I thought I'd originally read about it, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Private Competitions?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Meanwhile wrote:I tried to look around, but I can't find an answer to this, so I apologize if I missed the information somewhere.

Are we allowed to make "private" competitions? I thought for some reason that it was against the rules, but I keep seeing shows that say things like "please don't enter" and whatnot. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a different rule. I'd thought it could be considered cheating if you make shows intended to only have your own horses in them, or something? I can't find the information that I thought I'd originally read about it, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
It's not possible to make any hosted competition private. However, if you want to run some tests and think that other horses entering might skew your results, then it is a community favor to try to avoid any competition that has a label as 'Testing' or 'Do Not Enter'.

There is one account that hasn't been on in quite awhile (well over a year), but set up a number of competitions with that phrase that are still running on the reoccurring option. I wouldn't worry about entering those in particular anymore. They haven't logged in; whatever project they had those competitions up for, is assumed to be concluded. I don't remember offhand, which discipline it is though.

Please keep in mind, this does not forgo or except the rule of not entering more than two accounts' horses into those disciplines that only allow one horse per account to enter. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

BlackOak2 wrote::mrgreen:
Ohh I hadn't thought about the case of people wanting to test something. I could only imagine that someone would want to be getting titles for their horses by only competing against their own horses. And that's funny that some of those might just be coming from an old account... :lol:

Yeah, I wonder if I was thinking about the "don't enter more than two horses" rule, and just assumed that it also applied to people trying to run solo competitions. I hadn't considered wanting to test things. Thanks for pointing that out.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Meanwhile wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote::mrgreen:
Ohh I hadn't thought about the case of people wanting to test something. I could only imagine that someone would want to be getting titles for their horses by only competing against their own horses. And that's funny that some of those might just be coming from an old account... :lol:

Yeah, I wonder if I was thinking about the "don't enter more than two horses" rule, and just assumed that it also applied to people trying to run solo competitions. I hadn't considered wanting to test things. Thanks for pointing that out.
If you're force-pointing horses for the purpose of gathering titles, there's a fairly straightforward method of doing so.

Single-run hosted competitions (ones that Are Not reoccurring, this is important), can be force-run with 20 entries. Create whatever discipline competition you want, say Reining. Then enter the single horse (although you can do this with multiple horses earning titles at once) that you want to force-point for titling. Then mass enter all of the filler horses. Once you meet 20 horses entered, the competition will run 'in the next batch of competitions'. This can be immediately, or in 5 minutes or even 10 minutes.

The more horses you enter into that competition, the more points those top horses will earn when it's done.

In this way, a single horse can actually earn a champion title even after just one competition. I don't know how many are required to earn those points, so I can't give you even an estimate. But I do know it's possible. Just take a look at the competition after it's run and you'll get an idea of the points earned.

Please be aware that force-pointing a horse for titles is the same as false-pointing a horse for deception purposes, but are considered to be two different things. A 'False-pointed' horse, is a horse that is touted to be more than what they are (think: AC style with an ad that makes it seem like the horse is top-quality). But we also have many titled horses that are called 'Force-Pointed for titling'. This is a horse that has been titled using the same method, but aren't touted as being 'best-of-the-best', rather they're offered as 'Titled' instead.

If this doesn't make too much sense, I have some read-it's in my quicklinks with full information. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

BlackOak2 wrote: :mrgreen:
Whoa! Yeah, I only understood about half of that, so I might have to check out those links just for curiosity's sake. I don't really get into running competitions much, so this is all new information to me. :lol:

Thanks for all the extra info by the way! This is apparently one of those games that seemingly always has more to learn about it.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Meanwhile wrote:
Thanks for all the extra info by the way! This is apparently one of those games that seemingly always has more to learn about it.
You Ain't Kidding! :lol:

Takes about a good six months until a player knows enough to have the basics well in hand. After that, the second six months (a year total) until a player understands all the ins and outs, but may not have a hand yet on how they interact fully with each other.

And this game isn't even fully loaded with all the extras... :shock: :o *gets weak at the mountain seen ahead*

If you're really going at it hard, however, you could learn all you need to and all the extras, in about three months. The great thing about this game, is that you don't need to, to get to the leaderboards or breed yourself a record holder. It's great to be able to go just as deeply as you want, and still win in the game itself.

If you can't find the info you need, in my quicklinks, just let me know and I'll pull it up and link it for you. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

BlackOak2 wrote:If you can't find the info you need, in my quicklinks, just let me know and I'll pull it up and link it for you. :mrgreen:
Haha I will, thanks so much! ♥
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Meanwhile wrote:

If you're force-pointing horses for the purpose of gathering titles, there's a fairly straightforward method of doing so.

Single-run hosted competitions (ones that Are Not reoccurring, this is important), can be force-run with 20 entries. Create whatever discipline competition you want, say Reining. Then enter the single horse (although you can do this with multiple horses earning titles at once) that you want to force-point for titling. Then mass enter all of the filler horses. Once you meet 20 horses entered, the competition will run 'in the next batch of competitions'. This can be immediately, or in 5 minutes or even 10 minutes.

The more horses you enter into that competition, the more points those top horses will earn when it's done.

In this way, a single horse can actually earn a champion title even after just one competition. I don't know how many are required to earn those points, so I can't give you even an estimate. But I do know it's possible. Just take a look at the competition after it's run and you'll get an idea of the points earned.

Please be aware that force-pointing a horse for titles is the same as false-pointing a horse for deception purposes, but are considered to be two different things. A 'False-pointed' horse, is a horse that is touted to be more than what they are (think: AC style with an ad that makes it seem like the horse is top-quality). But we also have many titled horses that are called 'Force-Pointed for titling'. This is a horse that has been titled using the same method, but aren't touted as being 'best-of-the-best', rather they're offered as 'Titled' instead.

If this doesn't make too much sense, I have some read-it's in my quicklinks with full information. :mrgreen:
I've actually had a horse earn enough points for GCH in a single comp (he only reached CH though, I think you can only increase one title per comp). IN MY DEFENSE, I don't specifically state it's a private comp- it's just pole bending for shetlands, and I have pretty much the only horses suitable for those xD
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

in either case, I think I had over 100 horses entered into a level 10 comp. I can check
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

https://www.horseworldonline.net/compet ... edition=16 800+ points for 105 entries. don't judge me!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 pm