Community Forum

Training

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
_K.s.a.u.r.n.a_
Visit My Farm

Training

Post by _K.s.a.u.r.n.a_ »

Hello! Can anyone help?
I'm a reasonably new player (started in nov) and I'm trying to train up some of the Foal I bred to sell. I have tried to follow guides and How tos on training and have attempted them but none of them seem to really work. Most I've tried claim to have your horse almost fully trained by 3 or 4 years old. I understand that it takes a while to train horses but it's taking unusually long to train my foals. I have this horse https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4065493 which I tried a method on and it has trained up a bit but is already over 4 years old and is not training as the guide said. Can anyone help or even, train my foals (I'll pay dw) and sell them back to me? Thanks. :) :?:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Training

Post by BlackOak2 »

_K.s.a.u.r.n.a_ wrote:Hello! Can anyone help?
I'm a reasonably new player (started in nov) and I'm trying to train up some of the Foal I bred to sell. I have tried to follow guides and How tos on training and have attempted them but none of them seem to really work. Most I've tried claim to have your horse almost fully trained by 3 or 4 years old. I understand that it takes a while to train horses but it's taking unusually long to train my foals. I have this horse https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4065493 which I tried a method on and it has trained up a bit but is already over 4 years old and is not training as the guide said. Can anyone help or even, train my foals (I'll pay dw) and sell them back to me? Thanks. :) :?:
I'm not currently able to train any horses (especially for newbies), however, I can sort you out a bit more so you're more on track. :mrgreen:

Those training guides should have a subheading somewhere or make note of something called Player Skills. Player Skills plays a huge part in training a horse.
If you look at the long line of tabs (on the PC, it's on the left hand of the screen)... they run in this order:

News Feed
Store
Private Messages (if you're upgraded)
Player
My Farm
Competitions
Market
Rankgins
Community
Help
Settings
Logout

Under Player, will be a submenu with:
Skills
Purchase Offers
Inventory
Referral Rewards
Quests

If you go into Skills, you'll see another submenu:
Horse Ownership
Training
Competition Management

This is the section that Player Skills refer to. If you go into Training and start on these skills, your physical training of the horse will speed up. You won't actually see much of a difference, but you'll see the maximum years of training a horse fully, start to count down.

Start on Saver Skills and Stamina Skills. If you don't see any of these yet, they will open up for you eventually, it takes a couple skill learning before these in particular pop open.
With no skills under training learned, you'll fully train a horse in somewhere between 5 and 7 years.
With about half the skills under training learned, a horse can be fully trained between 3.5 and 5 years.
With all the skills learned, you should be able to finish a horse in well under 3 years (most of us regularly hit between 2 years 3 months and 2 years, 5 months.

Just like learning your Player Skills, start training your horse in stamina. Focus on stamina training until the horse has somewhere above 80% stamina training complete. Then tackle the other stats.

If you use this method, it's the fastest method we know. It'll take somewhere between 75% and 80% of the entire training time to finish stamina. So if you train a horse in 5 years, you'll spend a good 4 years solely training up stamina.

You're not neglecting stamina on Swift Escape, but it doesn't appear you're solely focusing on stamina either. It looks like you're tackling speed alongside it. That's not a bad thing though.
Stamina is mostly handled by the amount of time per session of training, but there are a couple activities that also will train up stamina. Try using them as well.

Keep the horses fatigue somewhere below 20% (above 20% and the horse learns far less per session then the wasted energy).

Does that information help any? :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
_K.s.a.u.r.n.a_
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
I'm not currently able to train any horses (especially for newbies), however, I can sort you out a bit more so you're more on track. :mrgreen:

Those training guides should have a subheading somewhere or make note of something called Player Skills. Player Skills plays a huge part in training a horse.
If you look at the long line of tabs (on the PC, it's on the left hand of the screen)... they run in this order:

News Feed
Store
Private Messages (if you're upgraded)
Player
My Farm
Competitions
Market
Rankgins
Community
Help
Settings
Logout

Under Player, will be a submenu with:
Skills
Purchase Offers
Inventory
Referral Rewards
Quests

If you go into Skills, you'll see another submenu:
Horse Ownership
Training
Competition Management

This is the section that Player Skills refer to. If you go into Training and start on these skills, your physical training of the horse will speed up. You won't actually see much of a difference, but you'll see the maximum years of training a horse fully, start to count down.

Start on Saver Skills and Stamina Skills. If you don't see any of these yet, they will open up for you eventually, it takes a couple skill learning before these in particular pop open.
With no skills under training learned, you'll fully train a horse in somewhere between 5 and 7 years.
With about half the skills under training learned, a horse can be fully trained between 3.5 and 5 years.
With all the skills learned, you should be able to finish a horse in well under 3 years (most of us regularly hit between 2 years 3 months and 2 years, 5 months.

Just like learning your Player Skills, start training your horse in stamina. Focus on stamina training until the horse has somewhere above 80% stamina training complete. Then tackle the other stats.

If you use this method, it's the fastest method we know. It'll take somewhere between 75% and 80% of the entire training time to finish stamina. So if you train a horse in 5 years, you'll spend a good 4 years solely training up stamina.

You're not neglecting stamina on Swift Escape, but it doesn't appear you're solely focusing on stamina either. It looks like you're tackling speed alongside it. That's not a bad thing though.
Stamina is mostly handled by the amount of time per session of training, but there are a couple activities that also will train up stamina. Try using them as well.

Keep the horses fatigue somewhere below 20% (above 20% and the horse learns far less per session then the wasted energy).

Does that information help any? :D

Yes! Thank you. I have been training swift escape with collection and impulsion, track and as long as I can (I'm trying out someone's guide) if you have any tips for training stamina that would be great if not dw :) :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_K.s.a.u.r.n.a_ wrote: Yes! Thank you. I have been training swift escape with collection and impulsion, track and as long as I can (I'm trying out someone's guide) if you have any tips for training stamina that would be great if not dw :) :D
Track may be slowing you down a bit, but you won't build too much fatigue in the early sessions. You may build a lot more when you can do five or more sessions in a day. So just keep note of that.

Otherwise, keep going! Collection and Impulsion is one of the stamina trainers and the main one I use for fully training.

Just keep in mind, stamina takes most of the training time. When you're through with that, the rest of the stats take almost no time at all... in fact, you'll go through some of the stats, topping them off in just a handful of turns.

Start to tackle your Player Skills in training and you'll start to see a huge difference in the time the horse is actually in training.

If you get stuck again, or need some additional help, we'll be around. ;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

to add to this, there are specific disciplines that are really quick to train for- racing/steeplechasing are big ones, because you can just do lunge on the flat and alternate between canter and gallop until everything (speed, stamina, strength, agility) are all at a satisfactory level. I've got my skills about 75% maxed and to train horses for steeple takes me a little under 2 years.

I almost never go above 5, maybe 10% fatigue- and that's only when I'm doing 30 minute gallop sessions at the very end of training. even with my "everything but speed" strategy, I barely touch fatigue, and honestly I think that makes it a bit more efficient.
_K.s.a.u.r.n.a_
Visit My Farm

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:to add to this, there are specific disciplines that are really quick to train for- racing/steeplechasing are big ones, because you can just do lunge on the flat and alternate between canter and gallop until everything (speed, stamina, strength, agility) are all at a satisfactory level. I've got my skills about 75% maxed and to train horses for steeple takes me a little under 2 years.

I almost never go above 5, maybe 10% fatigue- and that's only when I'm doing 30 minute gallop sessions at the very end of training. even with my "everything but speed" strategy, I barely touch fatigue, and honestly I think that makes it a bit more efficient.
OK thanks :)
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

I can train for you cuz IM NOW PREMIUM of today :D :D
Find The Perfect Forever Horse At Thunderbolt Ranch
We Breed EVERYTHING
The Outside Of A Horse Is Good For The Inside Of A Man - Winston Churchill

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:20 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:20 am