Community Forum

More poses for horses!

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

More poses for horses!

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely zero idea if the horse models could even be re-positioned, especially in a way that mimics fluid (or not so fluid) movement. But, given that they are already so malleable, I feel that it's reasonable to hope that they can be.

Anyways.
I would love for us to get the ability to pose our horses! Standing is great and all, but I'd love the option of movement.

I think that the poses should be PT items bought from the tack store, and would be equipped to horses similar to tack. They should be either very expensive- and then be able to go onto each horse a player owns- or one-at-a-time uses at a cheaper price, or even for a significant amount of game $ (since we don't have much of a money sink currently).

I'd love to see (in order of importance):
Each standard gait (walk, trot, canter, gallop), possibly multiple options for each later on
Running walk, tolt, etc
Dressage movements like piaffe/passage
At least two options for jumping (over the jump/landing)
Playful poses, like bucking/rearing, grazing

And of course, once we have some of these, we should also get obstacle items (ground poles, pole bending poles, jumps, cavalettis, barrels, trail obstacles... cows?) to make our photos even more fun.

This is either a positive or a negative- depending on your intended audience- but I do believe that adding some more customization options to photos is going to attract more people who would be interested in the "roleplay" aspect of horse games, and might not get into the game much otherwise.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: More poses for horses!

Post by larissar »

Just gonna pop in here to say that I've actually already half written code for posing the horses many years ago, it just never got implemented into the game yet. So, this is definitely on the list for near future updates :)
They won't be animated though. These are static poses, and perhaps may not cover the full list of your suggestions, as the deformations of the images may not look good at some extremes but we will have some amount of customization of horse images. I'm also considering how a horse genetic conformation may affect their default image to some degree, but this idea needs to be planned out more first.

In summary, yes we will have poses using a kind of internal "skeleton" in the mesh.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

larissar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm Just gonna pop in here to say that I've actually already half written code for posing the horses many years ago, it just never got implemented into the game yet. So, this is definitely on the list for near future updates :)
They won't be animated though. These are static poses, and perhaps may not cover the full list of your suggestions, as the deformations of the images may not look good at some extremes but we will have some amount of customization of horse images. I'm also considering how a horse genetic conformation may affect their default image to some degree, but this idea needs to be planned out more first.

In summary, yes we will have poses using a kind of internal "skeleton" in the mesh.
Oh I was thinking static poses, but maybe a few variants of each pose so the horses could be in different phases of the gait/movement. It's awesome that that sounds possible! I'm looking forward to it :D
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

larissar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm Just gonna pop in here to say that I've actually already half written code for posing the horses many years ago, it just never got implemented into the game yet. So, this is definitely on the list for near future updates :)

Will there be a geld button this year too?
Find The Perfect Forever Horse At Thunderbolt Ranch
We Breed EVERYTHING
The Outside Of A Horse Is Good For The Inside Of A Man - Winston Churchill

Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

brettdiesel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:41 pm Will there be a geld button this year too?
This thread is not about gelding. Please try to stay on topic. If you can't find a thread about a topic you may create a new thread. Thank you. ;)
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

Tom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:00 pm
brettdiesel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:41 pm Will there be a geld button this year too?
This thread is not about gelding. Please try to stay on topic. If you can't find a thread about a topic you may create a new thread. Thank you. ;)
ok
Find The Perfect Forever Horse At Thunderbolt Ranch
We Breed EVERYTHING
The Outside Of A Horse Is Good For The Inside Of A Man - Winston Churchill

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 pm

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 pm