Community Forum

Conformation Slider Inconsistency

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Conformation Slider Inconsistency

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Hi all!!

I've been breeding my horses to build their legs for balance, and I've honestly been doing really well. However, I just noticed something and have a small question about it.

I've had horses throw me leg thickness with +8 bal and the thickness slider being about 2/3 across the bar, like Tango

However, I just got a colt with +5 balance with the slider being almost all the way to the right. (He does not have a name yet haha)

My question is, how is it that Tango can have +8 balance and have the slider not all the way over, but this new colt can only have +5 and have the slider nearly max? Is there something I'm not understanding about conformation in this game?

Thanks,
Em!
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Re: Conformation Slider Inconsistency

Post by Woodstock »

UnpredictableDragon wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:15 pm Hi all!!

I've been breeding my horses to build their legs for balance, and I've honestly been doing really well. However, I just noticed something and have a small question about it.

I've had horses throw me leg thickness with +8 bal and the thickness slider being about 2/3 across the bar, like Tango

However, I just got a colt with +5 balance with the slider being almost all the way to the right. (He does not have a name yet haha)

My question is, how is it that Tango can have +8 balance and have the slider not all the way over, but this new colt can only have +5 and have the slider nearly max? Is there something I'm not understanding about conformation in this game?

Thanks,
Em!
Alright I'm going to give a crack at this one.

The exact thing that leg thickness says below the bar is "Thick legs are advantageous to strength and balance but could decrease speed." So in theory this makes you think that the far right side is going to be BEST for both strength and balance but in reality it's not so.

If you look at Take Your Tango her stats are (+8 balance, 0 speed, 0 strength) regarding leg thickness.
If you look at The Foal his stats are (+5 balance, 0 speed, +11 strength) regarding leg thickness.

In this case going further to the right has added +11 strength to the foal whereas Take Your Tango has 0 strength bonus. This suggests that while yes you want thicker legs, you don't want all the way to the right to maximize the balance stat for this conformation aspect which is shown by Take Your Tango. I believe the wording used below the leg thickness bar is slightly deceiving without playing around with it because it makes you believe that thickest legs = highest balance bonus, when in reality your two are showing that to maximize the balance bonus you need it around that 2/3 mark.

Hope this helps and if it doesn't let me know and I will try to explain better!

-Woodstock
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Woodstock wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:36 pm Hope this helps and if it doesn't let me know and I will try to explain better!

-Woodstock
This actually makes perfect sense haha. So, in short, its as if being 2/3 of the bar is the maximum value of balance you can achieve through leg thickness, and progressing anymore right of that will sacrifice balance for strength? That actually helps a lot, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it harder :D
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

UnpredictableDragon wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:10 pm
Woodstock wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:36 pm Hope this helps and if it doesn't let me know and I will try to explain better!

-Woodstock
This actually makes perfect sense haha. So, in short, its as if being 2/3 of the bar is the maximum value of balance you can achieve through leg thickness, and progressing anymore right of that will sacrifice balance for strength? That actually helps a lot, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it harder :D
Yes exactly!!

I am not sure if +8 is the max you can get out of balance for leg thickness or not... perhaps moving it slightly right or left could in theory get you higher but +8 might be the max you can add to balance through leg thickness. So in theory you could play with it some more to try and achieve more than a +8 but I doubt moving it will change too, too much at this rate.

Edit to add: Looking at some of my own stock where I am wanting to add both strength and balance, I have one mare with the leg thickness bar just to the left of your mare's and she is only +7, then I found a mare that is inbetween the two bars of your two linked in this post and she is only +6 balance so I am betting that +8 is the best bonus you can get from leg thickness for balance.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm