Community Forum

Endurance Condition Penalty's

jodie1029
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Endurance Condition Penalty's

Post by jodie1029 »

Dose anyone know what goes into the condition penalty in the endurance completions cause from what I've seen its random and all the horses are at moderately thin so I'm just trying to see if I need to take that into account when I'm deciding to keep a horse for breeding or if it's going to be random either way.
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Endurance Condition Penalty's

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

It is random in a range based on the horse's condition and stats, as far as I know. The penalties themselves aren't as important as the entire score together.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
jodie1029
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

Cypress Creek Test wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:17 am It is random in a range based on the horse's condition and stats, as far as I know. The penalties themselves aren't as important as the entire score together.
ok I was wondering because their initial score will be good but then they add on the 1 to 1.50 or higher condition penalty and it's a little annoying when the base scores are really good.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

jodie1029 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:22 am
Cypress Creek Test wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:17 am It is random in a range based on the horse's condition and stats, as far as I know. The penalties themselves aren't as important as the entire score together.
ok I was wondering because their initial score will be good but then they add on the 1 to 1.50 or higher condition penalty and it's a little annoying when the base scores are really good.
We don't know all of what goes into the scoring for any of these disciplines. Please mark I said 'all' and not 'any'.

Some horse will perform differently better than another. For an example, an endurance horse does far better if it has to carry around less of it's own actual weight, so a super light body type is usually the best bet for these things. But for a super light, you might find that a moderately thin is better overall for that horse, likewise, a light body type (the next step below very light) does better at a thin weight.

We have found that horses and particular bloodlines do have preferences to where their perfect area is for the discipline you want them to compete in. So one horse from one bloodline may do endurance better under certain conditions (think, very light, moderately thin and bombproof) while another from another bloodline might do better slightly differently (think, light, thin and calm).
As a competition stable, it comes down to us to find just that perfect niche for each individual horse.

So, yes, there is some randomness written into the code, because every horse can have a bad day, but if you can hone in on the perfect body type, form, weight and temperament for that horse and for that discipline, you can shrink that range of discipline performances to have a more normalized set of outcomes.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
jodie1029
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

BlackOak2 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:39 pm
jodie1029 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:22 am
We don't know all of what goes into the scoring for any of these disciplines. Please mark I said 'all' and not 'any'.

Some horse will perform differently better than another. For an example, an endurance horse does far better if it has to carry around less of it's own actual weight, so a super light body type is usually the best bet for these things. But for a super light, you might find that a moderately thin is better overall for that horse, likewise, a light body type (the next step below very light) does better at a thin weight.

We have found that horses and particular bloodlines do have preferences to where their perfect area is for the discipline you want them to compete in. So one horse from one bloodline may do endurance better under certain conditions (think, very light, moderately thin and bombproof) while another from another bloodline might do better slightly differently (think, light, thin and calm).
As a competition stable, it comes down to us to find just that perfect niche for each individual horse.

So, yes, there is some randomness written into the code, because every horse can have a bad day, but if you can hone in on the perfect body type, form, weight and temperament for that horse and for that discipline, you can shrink that range of discipline performances to have a more normalized set of outcomes.
Thank you so much for going into detail a little more I have noticed some things like the ones that are very light in body type tend to do a little better overall I just didn't know if there was something I was missing lol and I've been using Frosts quid to base my breeding stock off of so hoping to get a little more constant performance scores
Endurance:
Height: 16h
Type: Horse Type Very Light
Weight: Mod-Thin
Temperament : BombProof
Body Size: 5%
Type: 95%
HGP: 66k+
Stamina: 60
Speed: 45
Agility: 40
Tempo: 30
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

jodie1029 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:04 pm Thank you so much for going into detail a little more I have noticed some things like the ones that are very light in body type tend to do a little better overall I just didn't know if there was something I was missing lol and I've been using Frosts quid to base my breeding stock off of so hoping to get a little more constant performance scores
Endurance:
Frost's guide is a good one to aim for and to set certain goals by. So keep at it! 8-) But don't forget that the conformation scores are secondary to the hard genes of those four stats. Let the BR be your mainstay and the conformation scores be the icing on the cake. :P

Yum-yum! Horse cake... wait... :?: Uh... :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
jodie1029
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

BlackOak2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:02 pm
jodie1029 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:04 pm Thank you so much for going into detail a little more I have noticed some things like the ones that are very light in body type tend to do a little better overall I just didn't know if there was something I was missing lol and I've been using Frosts quid to base my breeding stock off of so hoping to get a little more constant performance scores
Endurance:
Frost's guide is a good one to aim for and to set certain goals by. So keep at it! 8-) But don't forget that the conformation scores are secondary to the hard genes of those four stats. Let the BR be your mainstay and the conformation scores be the icing on the cake. :P

Yum-yum! Horse cake... wait... :?: Uh... :lol:
Ok thank you so much I didn’t know that the BR played a big part in it I’ll keep that in mind
Otrix22
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Otrix22 »

I put the stallion to mating, I can’t contact you in private messages)
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Otrix22 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:45 pm I put the stallion to mating, I can’t contact you in private messages)
You must have five approved posts on the forums before you can send private messages. Make some posts and I will approve them for you.
jodie1029
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

Otrix22 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:45 pm I put the stallion to mating, I can’t contact you in private messages)
Ok thank you so much let me pop some mates and I’ll use him
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 2:50 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:50 pm