Barn or Field?

awse!
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Barn or Field?

Post by awse! »

Which is better in game?
Should I get a barn or more fields?

Also does the grass grow fast with less horses on it?
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Barn or Field?

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

awse! wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:28 am Which is better in game?
Should I get a barn or more fields?

Also does the grass grow fast with less horses on it?
It doesn't matter on grass and it depends on the build and weight and temperament you want for the horses.
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

I'd personally recommend that breeding stock be kept on pasture. Horses don't suffer from being overweight and pastures are significantly cheaper to purchase and keep horses on. There are theories that horses that are bombproof on pasture have a higher chance of producing bombproof foals, but I haven't really noticed it.

I haven't tested the specifics of pasture growth with or without horses but I assume that as pastures near their maximum capacity (grow closer to when they'd start losing grass) they grow back grass less quickly.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pastures will grow faster if left to fallow without horses in them. For the most part, a pasture will maintain full growth with 50% horse capacity or less in them, regardless of the season. Even all huge horses may not affect the growth of the grass in the middle of winter... although, that's more dependent on how much each horse actually eats and not so much the size of the horse.
Large-eating horses (horses that consume more kg per feeding than their size might suggest), will be harder on the pasture than their opposites.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 pm