Community Forum

Foal to be born with no pasture space?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Satyrnnn
Visit My Farm

Foal to be born with no pasture space?

Post by Satyrnnn »

I'm not progressing another day until my barn management is finished or my one boy sells, since my mare looks ready to POP.

What happens if a foal is born when you have no space left? Can it be born?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I didn't do this right. I read through a bunch of pages looking for my question and couldn't find it
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Re: Foal to be born with no pasture space?

Post by Woodstock »

Satyrnnn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:26 pm I'm not progressing another day until my barn management is finished or my one boy sells, since my mare looks ready to POP.

What happens if a foal is born when you have no space left? Can it be born?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I didn't do this right. I read through a bunch of pages looking for my question and couldn't find it
As a principle a foal cannot be born if your farm has no room. If it is because you are worried that your pasture says it is at 100% capacity this is because as soon as a mare becomes pregnant it includes the baby as an extra horse. So the foal that will be born is apart of the 100% capacity. The game is built so that you can't overfill pastures with pregnant mares.
Example: Small pasture can have two pregnant mares and show 100% capacity because it is counting the foals that are yet to be born as part of the capacity. Once they are born the small pasture has 4 horses in it and is therefore at capacity, so the game takes this into account early on so these errors don't occur.
In other ways you don't need to worry if a pasture is at 100% and you have a pregnant mare! The space has already been "saved" essentially by the game for the foal!

Hope this all makes sense,
Woodstock
Satyrnnn
Visit My Farm

Re: Foal to be born with no pasture space?

Post by Satyrnnn »

Ohhhhh okay that makes perfect sense! Thank you, Woodstock! Big appreciation (:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:00 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:00 pm