Community Forum

Vanilla Quartz Stables

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
tazza_t_bear
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Vanilla Quartz Stables

Post by tazza_t_bear »

One day I might be interested in going after Hungarian Warmbloods, but I calculated that to get to one "from scratch" with 0% COI would take nearly 4500 starting horses..... So I thought I'd start with something a bit simpler!

Current Goals
- homebred Colorado Ranger
- 0% COI Colorado Ranger
- "from scratch" (all from VQS traceable adopted ancient stock) Colorado Ranger
- At least 10 spotted Colorado Rangers
- Colorado Rangers with better than -20 conformation for Cutting discipline
- Colorado Rangers with better than -10 conformation for Cutting discipline
- Colorado Rangers with 0 or better conformation for Cutting discipline
- One green Colorado Ranger
- Two green Colorado Ranger
- Three green Colorado Ranger
- Four green Colorado Ranger

So far I've managed 3 Mongolian stallions and 2 West African Barb mares in my journey towards Colorado Rangers.

Gracewing, Sugardust, and Devious Twinkle are all showing those Tarpan-Przewalski roots hardcore. But hey, Devious Twinkle has spots! Birds, meet stone.

Whitesweets and Autumn Day are both too young to breed, but Whitesweets is close so maybe we'll be gunning towards Sorraias sooner than expected!
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Vanilla Quartz Stables

Post by Weaving »

My goodness, that really is quite the challenge!! I am officially ashamed of my herd's COI :lol:
tazza_t_bear
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Vanilla Quartz Stables - 0% COI Thoroughbred Project SUCCESS

Post by tazza_t_bear »

Well, it's been a long while since I've updated this! I started, finished, and moved on from my Colorado Ranger project. I had a brief WAB project in the middle there. And probably some other side projects, as well as some time off. And now I'm BACK and I've just completed my

0% COI Thoroughbred Project
Meet Cinnamon Fantasy, my very first 0% COI Thoroughbred.

Cinnamon is the first of FOUR separate, completely unrelated lines of 0% COI Thoroughbreds. (I'm still finishing the final crosses for the other three.) I plan to have a fire line, a water line, an air line, and an earth line. Then THOSE lines can be crossed amongst one another for a few more generations to keep the 0% COI going. Of course, once I have the lines built up a bit, I will start inbreeding among them to improve the lines toward the standard currently existing in other TB lines.

I had originally planned for 5 lines (the 5th line being a "heart" line, so I could eventually crossbreed in a manner that had all 5 elements and have a Captain Planet horse, for I am a child of the late 80's/early 90's), but alas, the 5th line was lost at the Andalusian stage.

Some general/vague stats and observations:
- This project took about 350 game years (I wasn't paying super close attention, so this is a very rough estimate)
- In the course of this project, I earned over $4 million HWO dollars
- I also earned probably something in the realm of 2000+ PT
- I used 500 of those to upgrade my account!
- I do play with the doubled days paid upgrade and the shortened regen time upgrade
- I think I gained about 12 levels (I honestly can't remember what level I started on)
- I played A LOT every day for about 2.5 weeks to accomplish this. It was definitely multiple hours per day.
- I trained six champion and grand champion show horses that currently live on my holding account
- Among them, they have (presently) 6 world records in pole bending
- Lessthanfish and the Deliboz of Eviern were ABSOLUTELY the most valuable asset in this journey, as those exceptional horses and their progeny were what allowed me to gain all the PT and extra days I needed from the L10 local shows
- I probably would have had 6-10 more champion show horses, but I let many of them age out
- If/when I do this again, I plan to adopt an "heir and a spare" philosophy for any breeds that take more than one generation to breed. I started doing this after I lost one line in the Andalusian phase, and it helps give the opportunity to have a backup in case you breed through one horse without getting to the next breed you need.
- I tried to resell a lot of the horses I used, but in most cases, I aged through them too fast for other people to buy them. In the future, I might try moving the rarer ones to the holding ranch to sell, so other players can benefit from those "new blood" lines, if interested.

I'm contemplating trying this project again, using my holding ranch, to see what it would be like for a new player. I am at level 5 on that ranch, and do have many courses finished (mostly in horse ownership), but that's the closest approximation to being on a new account I can get between my two accounts. I'd also keep more careful track of $ and PT earner, years played, which upgrades and attributes I picked, etc. (This is the first time I wish we were allowed FOUR accounts! :mrgreen: )

Update:
Meet Seeking Storms, the second 0% COI thoroughbred and the founder of the WATER lineage!

Meet Starsweet and Starbright, the third 0% COI thoroughbred and the founder of the AIR lineage!

Stay tuned for the fourth and final EARTH line, coming soon!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am