Community Forum

HWO France TRAIT

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO France TRAIT

Post by Weaving »

I am currently looking to breed to grey Percheron stallions, or to buy grey Percheron mares. Willing to pay very well for either!

I am also looking to buy Ardennais mares and Boulonnais mares, thanks in advance!
Qim
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Hey Weaving, if you could list me as a Boulonnais breeder, that'd be cool; will be stuck on this breed indefinitely, I'd wager.

I'm guessing you need Boulonnais mares for Auxois and Trait du Nords, eh? Let me know if you have any particular preferences in regards to the breed evaluation/report, and if you prefer a purebred mare.
Last edited by Qim on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revenant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Hey. I just wanted to mention I breed American Cream Drafts. On HWO, they are 50% Percheron so I'm particularly interested in that breed for outcross and this project overall. I often sell horses as they become unimportant to my breeding program and I could bet some of them have Percheron stars. I still have that breeding book as well so I could judge them for that and link if there's any nice ones?

I also wanted to thank you, Weaving. You have now inspired me to perhaps gather a club of people who breed American feral horses, particularly of Spanish type (which is quite a few breeds on HWO, many of which have little or no stock).
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Qim wrote:Hey Weaving, if you could list me as a Boulonnais breeder, that'd be cool; will be stuck on this breed indefinitely, I'd wager.

I'm guessing you need Boulonnais mares for Auxois and Trait du Nords, eh? Let me know if you have any particular preferences in regards to the breed evaluation/report, and if you prefer a purebred mare.
Hey Qim! Sorry I just didn't see anyone had posted on here! You're now down as a Boulonnais breeder. I'd love to have a look through your mares if that's possible? I'm hoping to start breeding all of the TRAIT breeds, so they might make a nice start to a Boulonnais line! EDIT: Have had a little nosey around and I love Vraie Beauté, if you'd consider selling a foal of hers I would be delighted?
Revenant wrote:Hey. I just wanted to mention I breed American Cream Drafts. On HWO, they are 50% Percheron so I'm particularly interested in that breed for outcross and this project overall. I often sell horses as they become unimportant to my breeding program and I could bet some of them have Percheron stars. I still have that breeding book as well so I could judge them for that and link if there's any nice ones?

I also wanted to thank you, Weaving. You have now inspired me to perhaps gather a club of people who breed American feral horses, particularly of Spanish type (which is quite a few breeds on HWO, many of which have little or no stock).
Very pleased I've inspired you! If you did have any with Percheron stars I'd definitely be interested (particularly if they carry grey or silver).
Qim
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Hey Qim! Sorry I just didn't see anyone had posted on here! You're now down as a Boulonnais breeder. I'd love to have a look through your mares if that's possible? I'm hoping to start breeding all of the TRAIT breeds, so they might make a nice start to a Boulonnais line! EDIT: Have had a little nosey around and I love Vraie Beauté, if you'd consider selling a foal of hers I would be delighted?
Ah yeah, I should of quoted .. I'm an idiot x)

Anyway, thanks for nailing me down. Will breed that mare, then, and toss some fillies your way; scrambled together a few other mares (prob missed one or two) that you could take a look at in the meantime:

Entre Nous
Maîtresse Fifi
Éclairé Amandine
Gente Damoiselle
Monique Mari
Amour Libre

An ambitious project, breeding all the TRAITs, btw .. I'd be on board if unlimited farm space was made reality.
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Qim wrote:
Ah yeah, I should of quoted .. I'm an idiot x)

Anyway, thanks for nailing me down. Will breed that mare, then, and toss some fillies your way; scrambled together a few other mares (prob missed one or two) that you could take a look at in the meantime:

Entre Nous
Maîtresse Fifi
Éclairé Amandine
Gente Damoiselle
Monique Mari
Amour Libre

An ambitious project, breeding all the TRAITs, btw .. I'd be on board if unlimited farm space was made reality.
I LOVE Amour Libre, if there was any chance at all of a foal from her that would be brilliant! Also how much would you want roughly for these foals? I'm an awful pricer, but I have a bit of spare cash at the moment so literally whatever you think they're worth is fine by me!
Qim
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Weaving wrote:I LOVE Amour Libre, if there was any chance at all of a foal from her that would be brilliant! Also how much would you want roughly for these foals? I'm an awful pricer, but I have a bit of spare cash at the moment so literally whatever you think they're worth is fine by me!
You can have Amour Libre, if you got the space and want her in your herd; the price is symbolic, really .. say $1 :D
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Qim wrote:
Weaving wrote:I LOVE Amour Libre, if there was any chance at all of a foal from her that would be brilliant! Also how much would you want roughly for these foals? I'm an awful pricer, but I have a bit of spare cash at the moment so literally whatever you think they're worth is fine by me!
You can have Amour Libre, if you got the space and want her in your herd; the price is symbolic, really .. say $1 :D
Don't be ridiculous!! I would love to have her! If you put her up for $5k at least?! Thank you ever so much!
Qim
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Weaving wrote:Don't be ridiculous!! I would love to have her! If you put her up for $5k at least?! Thank you ever so much!
Yep, she's up for $1k. Let me know if you want to breed her to some stallion I got lying around.
Weaving
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Qim wrote: Yep, she's up for $1k. Let me know if you want to breed her to some stallion I got lying around.

Thanks ever so much! As soon as I have space to breed her (space limits are the bane of my life) I'll probably breed her to Aigle Royal, I've used him a few times I think actually! Just a very well put together horse :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 9:32 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:32 pm