Community Forum

Austrian Pinzgauer w/ Feathers *PROJECT*

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
hex
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Austrian Pinzgauer w/ Feathers *PROJECT*

Post by hex »

The Austrian Pinzgauer with FEATHERS *PROJECT*

So, i'm looking to create Austrian Pinzgauer's with feathers, anyone have any suggestions on how I could get there?
Neon
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Austrian Pinzgauer w/ Feathers *PROJECT*

Post by Neon »

I think this will be an awesome project to work on for you, what I would do is begin with purebreds and breed them to belgians with maximum feathers and then breed the feathered offspring back to purebreds and their feathered offspring. This will produce purebreds with more feather, but if you'd still like more feather you could breed the feathered purebreds to more feathered belgians to begin the cycle again...
Thats what I would do, but really it's up to you and there might be some better suggestions that you'd rather do.
Good Luck :)
hex
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by hex »

I'll look into belgians, thanks a bunches!
Kintara
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Kintara »

I have many feathered horses, you could probably breed to a couple of my mixed or grade feathered horses to produce half Austrian Pinzgauer's and then keep crossing them. Especially if you select the foals that grow up with feather tufts, I'm sure you will have feathered Austrian Pinzgauer's in no time!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 5:11 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:11 pm