Community Forum

Sooty Dapple Project

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Sooty Dapple Project

Post by CarouselCowgirl »

This is a multi-farm project, so it needs a new thread! However, I wanted to create a log that is more organized than a simple forum thread can be... so I made a weebly site for the project.

http://hwosootydappleproject.weebly.com/

Currently, Lekara and I are working on sooty dapple Andalusians! Please take a look around and gawk and the sooty dapple beauties. :D

Revenant, I know you expressed that you would like to help too! Feel free to put a comment on the site, or here to contact me!
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Sooty Dapple Project

New blog post!

http://hwosootydappleproject.weebly.com ... aster-plan

This one is about breeding sooty dapple horses, and my plans for achieving 100% Andalusians with sooty dapples.
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Revenant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

This is all lovely. I'm reading through your blog posts now. :) I too have Andalusians but not in sooty dapple, I'd be willing to help you two with your project. Of course, I'd intend to also spread the sooty dapple to my Exmoor Ponies too. ;)
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Revenant wrote:This is all lovely. I'm reading through your blog posts now. :) I too have Andalusians but not in sooty dapple, I'd be willing to help you two with your project. Of course, I'd intend to also spread the sooty dapple to my Exmoor Ponies too. ;)
Hi Revenant! I am always looking for 100% Andalusian studs to breed some mares to. Do you have any non-dun, roan, grey, champagne, or leopard complex studs?
Revenant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Honestly I think I only have mares atm. Bred myself into a corner--too many fillies for once! I'll have to check back with you when I have a few 100% foals. So you would like horses to be NOT dun but you're like them to be roan, gray, champagne, or leopard complex? As far as I knew, PRE (Pura Raza Espanola) accepted colors were gray, bay, and black until 2002 when chestnut and dilute genes (champagne, cream, and dun--probably pearl and/or silver) were accepted. I know rarely metallic and rabicano crop up. Are you just breeding for all colors?
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Oh no, I mean NONE of those colors, preferably. Dun sometimes is okay, but the others I haven't been able to see dapples on easily.
Lekara
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Thanks for joining in, Revenant.
And a HUGE thank you to CarouselCowgirl for getting this project rolling.

Also note - black foals aren't good for trying to find dapples on, either.
So really the optimal colors are chestnuts, bays, buckskins, palominos, perlinos and cremellos. They just seem to be the easiest to "spot" (pun intended). :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:46 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:46 am