Community Forum

HELP

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

HELP

Post by Revenant »

Okay, I went off on hiatus (poor health) and recently came back. Insofar my game is pretty much broken. If I don't follow the tutorial, I can't do anything. Can't train my horses, can't do anything except advance days. I updated all the quests and such. I started trying to complete the tutorial, but it went through Adopt a Mare without me having to do so. Now I don't have an adopted mare and it's not letting me get past this step...

Tutorial: Buy a Halter
You have a really beautiful horse, and I think she'll look lovely wearing a new halter. Lets visit the Tack Shop in the Market to buy a halter.

Objective: Buy a halter from the Tack Shop

...no matter what I do. I have tried buying a halter obviously (no money or PT taken despite clicking, no additions to inventory). Then I tried putting a halter I already have on one of my horses (which did work), but nothing changed. I tried to get an adopted horse by putting up one of my own horses for sale, but I can't do that, and I can't buy another pasture to get more space. I don't have any horses I want to rehome. What should I do?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: HELP

Post by Argent »

Maybe you should try adopting a mare.
Sognatore
Visit My Farm

Post by Sognatore »

I can't think of anyway to fix it apart from maybe trying to complete a turn or just re-homing a horse, but by the sound of it the game might not even let you do that.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

I don't have any space for the mare to go though, that's what I said. :c I guess I could try to adopt a mare regardless and see what happens. Or try to make room in my other account and relocate some of my stallions over there to work on the tutorial here, then move them back to work over there? Wait. But I can't put horses up for sale so I can't transfer them either. -pulls out hair-
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

No, it won't let me adopt a mare nor will it let me even use the Adoption Centre. I can only see Arabians and can't transfer to another breed, I can't scatter the horses, and I can't adopt any of the horses that are available.

Update: After a bit of a delay, an Arabian mare went into a pasture. Also a mare I'd tried to put for sale but didn't seem to work was sold? I am so confused. A bunch of notifications arrived at once. I'll try to buy a halter for the new mare now.

Update 2: Put halter on mare I already had. No luck. I attempt to go buy halter again with either money or PT but no halter goes into inventory. I only have the one magenta halter I had before. Keep refreshing pages to see if there's a delay here too. Is it a bug that my tutorial went beyond Adopt a Mare without me adopting a mare?
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I don't remember myself adopting a mare for tutorial (don't have any adopted horses around, except my originally adopted mare, and I don't remember selling or rehoming one either), so I think (but I am not 100% sure) it is possible after all to get done with the tutorial without adopting a mare, if you already have done that (or probably if you already have one adopted mare around).
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Sounds like you broke your game, Revenant :D
Dunno if it has something to do with it, but I've had similar issues when going through certain VPN servers, which has made it impossible to play the game. Changing server -- and consequently the IP address -- has resolved the problem. Just a thought.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Qim wrote:Sounds like you broke your game, Revenant :D
Dunno if it has something to do with it, but I've had similar issues when going through certain VPN servers, which has made it impossible to play the game. Changing server -- and consequently the IP address -- has resolved the problem. Just a thought.
I'll try to start the game on a different thing, like Firefox, and if that doesn't work, I'll try it on another computer, and maybe try the nearby cafe's wifi, and if none of that works, I suppose I'll report a bug. :o Thanks for advice.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Firefox saved the day. <3
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Revenant wrote:Firefox saved the day. <3
Ah cool! Happy playing then, Revenant :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:54 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:54 pm