Community Forum

A quick question about GP and conformation effects

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

A quick question about GP and conformation effects

Post by Wingless Flight »

A few things I have been wondering about:

1. Is the value of the various confirmation effects a value added onto a base stats of the horse?

2. Do the bars for speed, strength on the AC horse breeds represent these base stats?

3. So without paying any attention to conformation and keeping terrible conformation, you can still increase those base stats and thereby increase GP by selective breeding.

4. How much of a difference does conformation effects make to the base stats of the horse?

Initially I thought that conformation effects were the only factors in the GP of a horse, but I've looked at the stats of high performing horses and that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I'm confused. I've looked around, but couldn't really find a discussion regarding the relationship between these stats in this way. Conformation helps, but the base stat seems to be the most important.

I've also seen the idea of different base stats in the movement of my Arabians. The have conformation effects in the 50's, but never see the effects highlighted in green/gold.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: A quick question about GP and conformation effects

Post by BlackOak2 »

Wingless Flight wrote:A few things I have been wondering about:

1. Is the value of the various confirmation effects a value added onto a base stats of the horse?

2. Do the bars for speed, strength on the AC horse breeds represent these base stats?

3. So without paying any attention to conformation and keeping terrible conformation, you can still increase those base stats and thereby increase GP by selective breeding.

4. How much of a difference does conformation effects make to the base stats of the horse?

Initially I thought that conformation effects were the only factors in the GP of a horse, but I've looked at the stats of high performing horses and that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I'm confused. I've looked around, but couldn't really find a discussion regarding the relationship between these stats in this way. Conformation helps, but the base stat seems to be the most important.

I've also seen the idea of different base stats in the movement of my Arabians. The have conformation effects in the 50's, but never see the effects highlighted in green/gold.
This is an incredibly long topic (linked below), not so much in pages, but in what's written. I think it answers every one of your questions at a fair amount of in-depth. So, that's for your further reading.
Because of that, I'll answer your questions directly and shortly.
1. Yes.
2. Yes, although it does seem that some of them fall outside of the representative bars. I haven't yet pegged down why or the differences, so I don't yet quite understand that relationship.
3. Yes.
4. It's the 'icing on the cake'. Further information can be found in the link.

Let us know about further questions after your read. :mrgreen:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... t=farm+log
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Wingless Flight »

BlackOak2 wrote:ping
Thank you so much! That thread has some really valuable information! I actually posted in it early on, before all the interesting stuff happened :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Wingless Flight wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:ping
Thank you so much! That thread has some really valuable information! I actually posted in it early on, before all the interesting stuff happened :lol:
:D
I found it quite handy to discuss as well. Along with reading and learning how others see and use it as well.

But to reiterate it again and again... That's some LONG wind I just don't have! :lol:

So I'm satisfied that it's been said, written down and that I haven't lost the link. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 am