Community Forum

Horse colour chart needed?

Totina
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Horse colour chart needed?

Post by Totina »

There seem to still be a lot of questions about horses' colours and different variations of dilutions. There are two topics in the appropriate forum where one is a bit out dated with pictures of cream, pearl and champagne (it does not name any of the colours anyway).

During the beta I experimented a bit with dilutions through breeding and tried to figure out exactly what genes the horses had. I saved a lot of pictures during that time to use as a reference and I was wondering if there is any interest from anyone here that I share my collection, to help others determine what a specific combination of genes look like in the game.

Genetic testing would of course make a chart like that unnecessary but until then (since I am not sure that genetic testing will be implemented in the game anytime soon) perhaps it could be helpful to have something that makes it easier to identify a horse's colour by comparing it with a picture.

So please tell me if there is any interest in having a simple chart of some kind to help with the identification of a horse's colour.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colour chart needed?

Post by SeinaMacabre »

I think it will be very useful for a lot of people around :)
I am already trying to look through different pages and figure out especially dilute genes, because I never knew how they worked before.
Nikh
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nikh »

I suck at horse colors so I Think It would be a welcome thing with a horse color chart naming the colors.
bluefish
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bluefish »

Would be very useful!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I left the names off because they're not as important as knowing what genes you're working with. And the art hasn't changed so much that the pictures provided don't work as a guide for determining what color a horse may be.
Totina
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

I was thinking of a chart for more than just cream and champagne. To be honest, the list of pictures are not really "beginner friendly" anyway since I remember that I needed to make my own research for some time before it made any sense with the cream/pearl/champagne combinations etc.
A chart for different dilutions and base colours could look like something similar to this, where I used pictures from the game itself:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/T ... ours_1.jpg
Sezzas
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sezzas »

That looks really good. I think it's easier to understand for people who are beginners in horse colours/genetics. I say go for it, it won't hurt to have another guide c:
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

Looks good :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:09 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:09 am