Community Forum

Help?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Help?

Post by Mlloftus »

I am training two horses. They are 5 months old and are getting fed 111% and 108% feed. But their weight is stuck at poor and their energy only goes to about 40% each turn. Is there a reason for this? I have never had a problem like this before.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2464915
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2466583
BlackOak2 wrote:...
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Help?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mlloftus wrote:I am training two horses. They are 5 months old and are getting fed 111% and 108% feed. But their weight is stuck at poor and their energy only goes to about 40% each turn. Is there a reason for this? I have never had a problem like this before.
BlackOak2 wrote:...
Put them back in a pasture and switch them over to weight gain and pump them full of as much as they can eat for a couple turns. Don't train them for now. Watch them Very Closely each turn. There is a chance that they might be both feed glitch horses.
When they're on the weight that you want for their adult stages, move then back into the barn.

If they're feed glitch horses, they might be really slow weight changing... and it might take you until they're 8 months before you get them up to thin or mod thin.

If they're not feed glitch horses, then they're just not getting enough sugar from the corn to maintain and earn back the energy each turn to support training. It does happen with some of the horses. That's the main reason I don't train newborn's to 6 months in barns, I leave them on pasture.

The good news, is if they are feed glitch horses, you caught them early enough to try to fix their weight. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Mlloftus wrote:I am training two horses. They are 5 months old and are getting fed 111% and 108% feed. But their weight is stuck at poor and their energy only goes to about 40% each turn. Is there a reason for this? I have never had a problem like this before.
Put them back in a pasture and switch them over to weight gain and pump them full of as much as they can eat for a couple turns. Don't train them for now. Watch them Very Closely each turn. There is a chance that they might be both feed glitch horses.
When they're on the weight that you want for their adult stages, move then back into the barn.

If they're feed glitch horses, they might be really slow weight changing... and it might take you until they're 8 months before you get them up to thin or mod thin.

If they're not feed glitch horses, then they're just not getting enough sugar from the corn to maintain and earn back the energy each turn to support training. It does happen with some of the horses. That's the main reason I don't train newborn's to 6 months in barns, I leave them on pasture.

The good news, is if they are feed glitch horses, you caught them early enough to try to fix their weight. :mrgreen:
Thank you, they are at 8 month and at Very thin. Does this mean they are feed glitch? I'm guessing so.
~W.C. Fields
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

walnut the hamster wrote:Read above
Clover Stables wrote:Read above
~W.C. Fields
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mlloftus wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Thank you, they are at 8 month and at Very thin. Does this mean they are feed glitch? I'm guessing so.
It's very possible.
You have somewhere between 1 year 2 months and 1 year 5 months to reset the weight to where you want, before adjustments become about impossible. Just keep stuffing them on pasture and weight gain until you get them where you need them. And I suggest that you refrain from training them until their weight is adjusted properly. And don't forget that sometimes when a horse finishes growing sometime between 4 years and 5 years, their weight sometimes bumps downward one level, so give them ONE extra turn when you get the weight perfect.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Clover Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Clover Stables »

Mlloftus wrote:
Hmm, okay. It's all good. No worries. :D
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Mlloftus wrote:
Hey, I am having some problems continuing to train these horses just offer $1
~W.C. Fields
Clover Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Clover Stables »

Mlloftus wrote:
Mlloftus wrote:
Hey, I am having some problems continuing to train these horses just offer $1
Okay no problem. Thanks for trying.
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm