Community Forum

Please Help!

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Phoenix123
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Please Help!

Post by Phoenix123 »

I've been playing for a while now but lately I have been struggling a lot with money! I breed a lot and train my horses for endurance (local shows) and a few of mine can regularly win lvl 10 local shows.

Problems I have are that training them take me a good 6 years or so
I'm trying to do training courses but I don't earn enough money each turn to keep doing doing them, also could someone explain how the training courses work? I don't notice any change after any of them??

Another problem is that no one buys my horses, this means again I'm not earning anything for the time I spent training them! I don't know if it's because people just don't want them or maybe there aren't a lot of active players nowadays as it never used to take me long to sell horses.

If you're willing to buy any of my horses that would be greatly appreciated! I have "Soaring Pride" in my 'show horses pasture' and "Two More Rounds" in the 'random' pasture

Thank you all xx
Soleil
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Please Help!

Post by Soleil »

Phoenix123 wrote:I've been playing for a while now but lately I have been struggling a lot with money! I breed a lot and train my horses for endurance (local shows) and a few of mine can regularly win lvl 10 local shows.

I'm trying to do training courses but I don't earn enough money each turn to keep doing doing them, also could someone explain how the training courses work? I don't notice any change after any of them??

Another problem is that no one buys my horses, this means again I'm not earning anything for the time I spent training them! I don't know if it's because people just don't want them or maybe there aren't a lot of active players nowadays as it never used to take me long to sell horses.

If you're willing to buy any of my horses that would be greatly appreciated! I have "Soaring Pride" in my 'show horses pasture' and "Two More Rounds" in the 'random' pasture

Thank you all xx
Hello there!! If you are struggling, try asking the community for a donation of money—I'm sure many will love to help you out :) I can give you 20k to help you get started—should be good enough for several training courses if ya use it wisely.

I believe there is a difference, but in the beginning you will not notice it very much. Once you do several in key courses, such as Stamina and Training Intensity Reduction, you will start to see a huge difference. I myself was frustrated with my courses for quite a while, so dw. I'm a trainer now, which can earn you a lot a money if you can do so in under 3 years.

Unfortunately, you will notice people aren't too interested in partially trained horses, but once you train one up fully (99%+ in all stats) they can sell for hundreds, perhaps even millions of dollars! People are especially interested in champed horses, with a title of Ch. or higher. If you auction one off, they can sell for millions should people be interested.

Unfortunately, I do not have room for two more horses, otherwise I definitely would!! But link a horse you'd be willing to have me rehome, and I'll buy it from you for 20k.

Good luck in your endeavors!! :D
RosesDemise
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RosesDemise »

Phoenix123 wrote:I've been playing for a while now but lately I have been struggling a lot with money! I breed a lot and train my horses for endurance (local shows) and a few of mine can regularly win lvl 10 local shows.

Thank you all xx
Training courses help by adding bonuses, depending on how high your bonus is, the quicker it takes to train, so if your bonus is only about 1%-10% your probably not gonna be noticing a big change. The more courses you take the quicker it will be. (Youll start seeing great improvement when your course reach the "Training III" Mark)

Currently, I have (1) 40%, (1) 36% and the rest are 28%. I train in under 3 years with these stats. But alongside the courses, I have the 10% basic training bonus, and the -40% Training Intensity reduction these also help greatly.

But Money and Time are also an issue with the courses, right now, my courses take about 28K and 7-10 Days long per course. Most players don't want horse training unless it's under 4 to 3 years which is quite impossible for new trainers sadly. A lot of players also aren't active anymore which is troublesome, lots of horses are going up for sale but nobody's buying.
The best bet you'll have is looking for players who want training or grinders in the general forum.
Another tip of advice, if you're not doing it already, would be to train the horses for the specific discipline, and only to 99.1. It cuts down on time.

I here to help if you have any questions!
Phoenix123
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Phoenix123 »

camilleon wrote:

Thank you all xx
Hello there!! If you are struggling, try asking the community for a donation of money—I'm sure many will love to help you out :) I can give you 20k to help you get started—should be good enough for several training courses if ya use it wisely.

I believe there is a difference, but in the beginning you will not notice it very much. Once you do several in key courses, such as Stamina and Training Intensity Reduction, you will start to see a huge difference. I myself was frustrated with my courses for quite a while, so dw. I'm a trainer now, which can earn you a lot a money if you can do so in under 3 years.

Unfortunately, you will notice people aren't too interested in partially trained horses, but once you train one up fully (99%+ in all stats) they can sell for hundreds, perhaps even millions of dollars! People are especially interested in champed horses, with a title of Ch. or higher. If you auction one off, they can sell for millions should people be interested.

Unfortunately, I do not have room for two more horses, otherwise I definitely would!! But link a horse you'd be willing to have me rehome, and I'll buy it from you for 20k.

Good luck in your endeavors!! :D

Thank you so much! Which training courses do you suggest? I only really train speed, stamina and strength

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3643901
Phoenix123
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Phoenix123 »

RosesDemise wrote:

Thank you all xx
Training courses help by adding bonuses, depending on how high your bonus is, the quicker it takes to train, so if your bonus is only about 1%-10% your probably not gonna be noticing a big change. The more courses you take the quicker it will be. (Youll start seeing great improvement when your course reach the "Training III" Mark)

Currently, I have (1) 40%, (1) 36% and the rest are 28%. I train in under 3 years with these stats. But alongside the courses, I have the 10% basic training bonus, and the -40% Training Intensity reduction these also help greatly.

But Money and Time are also an issue with the courses, right now, my courses take about 28K and 7-10 Days long per course. Most players don't want horse training unless it's under 4 to 3 years which is quite impossible for new trainers sadly. A lot of players also aren't active anymore which is troublesome, lots of horses are going up for sale but nobody's buying.
The best bet you'll have is looking for players who want training or grinders in the general forum.
Another tip of advice, if you're not doing it already, would be to train the horses for the specific discipline, and only to 99.1. It cuts down on time.

I here to help if you have any questions!

Oh wow! Thank you so much x
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Thank you all xx
Always work on the stamina and and energy saver player skills first. Of all of the training skills we can learn, these two categories will make training a WHOLE LOT faster.

At already said, though, you won't really actually see much change to the training, itself. But as you max out these first two, you should see a deal younger age as you finish training.

Aside from that, it appears you may be focusing on speed training first? Always focus first on training up the horse's stamina first. This will take you about 80% of the total training time of the horse, but, once trained up (to somewhere above 80%) you will find training all the other stats is just a breeze. What this means, is if it takes you 5 years to train a horse, you'll be training stamina for those first 4 years. Then that last year will be [quite literally] ALL the other stats. :D

I'm interested in both of your horses, but as grinders only. I most often buy my grinders untrained and under 3 years and just train them up myself. I'll pay up to 10k for a grinder prospect. So at least the mare wouldn't have even been on my radar. In fact, the mare was on my radar, but only because I was doing some market cleaning. :lol: Not for your mare in particular, she just popped up in the general search I was doing and her heading did grab my attention.
Partially trained grinders, I'll pay up to 25k (depending on the training) on anything 8 years and under.
I don't often search for fully trained grinders, because they generally go too fast.
And... I entirely skip any ad that's up for offers only. When we need grinders, we generally need them... NOW. So, it's always better to apply a buy-out price.
Your stock looks great for grinder usage. And decently good for breeder as well. If you could start competing them, you may find they're quality competitors, which would easily establish yourself in an additional market [confirmed competitors].
But that's something that will change how you handle some of your stock. :P

So, definitely keep adding 'grinder' to your ads. And when I train up a grinder and apply it for sale, I always put something like 40k to 80k flat buyout and it usually goes within just a day or two.

Anyway, it's probably because there are less people looking for certain horses and the sales ads are getting buried. Open a sale log in the sales forum with the heading 'Grinder Stock - Untrained & Partially Trained' and double list those horses in the sales log as well.
As long as you visit your sales log often enough, you should get a regular uptick on your sales. Keep editing that first post with available grinder stock, cycle out those that are sold and put new ones there.

I'll probably swing by and grab that mare either today or tomorrow, if she's not already gone (hint, hint, I'd buy her for 15k as a snatch-and-grab, 20k still wouldn't make me blink twice, hint, hint, put her buyout price up a little more).

I hope that gives you further insight.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Phoenix123
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Phoenix123 »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Thank you all xx
Always work on the stamina and and energy saver player skills first. Of all of the training skills we can learn, these two categories will make training a WHOLE LOT faster.

At already said, though, you won't really actually see much change to the training, itself. But as you max out these first two, you should see a deal younger age as you finish training.

Aside from that, it appears you may be focusing on speed training first? Always focus first on training up the horse's stamina first. This will take you about 80% of the total training time of the horse, but, once trained up (to somewhere above 80%) you will find training all the other stats is just a breeze. What this means, is if it takes you 5 years to train a horse, you'll be training stamina for those first 4 years. Then that last year will be [quite literally] ALL the other stats. :D

I'm interested in both of your horses, but as grinders only. I most often buy my grinders untrained and under 3 years and just train them up myself. I'll pay up to 10k for a grinder prospect. So at least the mare wouldn't have even been on my radar. In fact, the mare was on my radar, but only because I was doing some market cleaning. :lol: Not for your mare in particular, she just popped up in the general search I was doing and her heading did grab my attention.
Partially trained grinders, I'll pay up to 25k (depending on the training) on anything 8 years and under.
I don't often search for fully trained grinders, because they generally go too fast.
And... I entirely skip any ad that's up for offers only. When we need grinders, we generally need them... NOW. So, it's always better to apply a buy-out price.
Your stock looks great for grinder usage. And decently good for breeder as well. If you could start competing them, you may find they're quality competitors, which would easily establish yourself in an additional market [confirmed competitors].
But that's something that will change how you handle some of your stock. :P

So, definitely keep adding 'grinder' to your ads. And when I train up a grinder and apply it for sale, I always put something like 40k to 80k flat buyout and it usually goes within just a day or two.

Anyway, it's probably because there are less people looking for certain horses and the sales ads are getting buried. Open a sale log in the sales forum with the heading 'Grinder Stock - Untrained & Partially Trained' and double list those horses in the sales log as well.
As long as you visit your sales log often enough, you should get a regular uptick on your sales. Keep editing that first post with available grinder stock, cycle out those that are sold and put new ones there.

I'll probably swing by and grab that mare either today or tomorrow, if she's not already gone (hint, hint, I'd buy her for 15k as a snatch-and-grab, 20k still wouldn't make me blink twice, hint, hint, put her buyout price up a little more).

I hope that gives you further insight.
You are literally the best! This has helped me understand a lot more about training and sales :)
FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Thank you all xx
Make sure to do Stamina courses first, stamina is the hardest to train, then Movement, then I think agility, the balance, then either speed or strength. Intelligence really doesn't do anything as far as I know. And make sure you're training good horses! Try finding cheap young ones on the market (particularly TBs with racing confos) that have good confos and good pedigree. This should make it easier to sell the trained ones as long as they are under 10 for at least 50k, maybe more depending on the confos
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm