Community Forum

Community Question: What horse breeds are in low supply/high demand?

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Community Question: What horse breeds are in low supply/high demand?

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've seen a few different requests for a variety of different horse breeds, so I thought it'd be good to condense them down to a single post so that breeders can see which breeds are currently in demand. This'll also help connect players who are focusing on similar breeds or connected breeds.

Therefore, dear community... What horse breeds are you searching for? What breeds are missing some good studs? What breeds would you like to see improved?

Go ahead and leave a list of breeds, and feel free to check through other players' lists to see if you happen to have a horse that might fulfil some supply/demand issues. By no means am I asking you to sell them a horse, but if you'd be willing to do some stud coverings then it'd be appreciated!

An example might be Miniature horses. I've seen a few players looking for those recently!

Other breeds listed by players below are:
  • More high-quality Thoroughbreds with good lines and high HGP
  • More unique face-marked Thoroughbred crosses
  • More horses straight from the AC, unbred and still 4 (Specifically Shetlands)
  • Higher quality Canadian horses
  • Steeplechasing Mares
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: Community Question: What horse breeds are in low supply/high demand?

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:I've seen a few different requests for a variety of different horse breeds, so I thought it'd be good to condense them down to a single post so that breeders can see which breeds are currently in demand. They'll also help connect players who are focusing on similar breeds or connected breeds.

Therefore, dear community... What horse breeds are you searching for? What breeds are missing some good studs? What breeds would you like to see improved?

Go ahead and leave a list of breeds, and feel free to check through other players' lists to see if you happen to have a horse that might fulfill some supply/demand issues. By no means am I asking you to sell them a horse, but if you'd be willing to do some stud coverings then it'd be appreciated!

An example might be Miniature horses. I've seen a few players looking for those recently!
This is a great idea, and will surely help all types of players :D

I'm currently looking for:

More high-quality Thoroughbreds with good lines and high HGP
More unique face-marked Thoroughbred crosses
More horses straight from the AC, unbred and still 4. They haven't been around that much and I'm not too keen on spending PT right now.

Those are mine :D
PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PoliteFroggy »

I love this! Super helpful post :) I don't think they're exactly in high demand, but I'd love to find some higher quality Canadian horses. Another thing I don't really see on the market is Steeplechasing mares, and I've been looking for that recently as well :) Not sure if anyone else is interested in that.
EclipticEnd wrote:I've seen a few different requests for a variety of different horse breeds, so I thought it'd be good to condense them down to a single post so that breeders can see which breeds are currently in demand. This'll also help connect players who are focusing on similar breeds or connected breeds.

Go ahead and leave a list of breeds, and feel free to check through other players' lists to see if you happen to have a horse that might fulfil some supply/demand issues. By no means am I asking you to sell them a horse, but if you'd be willing to do some stud coverings then it'd be appreciated!

K's Eventing
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by K's Eventing »

EclipticEnd wrote:I've seen a few different requests for a variety of different horse breeds, so I thought it'd be good to condense them down to a single post so that breeders can see which breeds are currently in demand. This'll also help connect players who are focusing on similar breeds or connected breeds.

I agree with Gabby_Woodlark, it's a tad hard to find good quality purebred AC stock on the market. I have seen a few posts about people needing them, specifically Shetlands. I have been finding it a tad hard to find purebred AC horses. :lol: Since my account Is new, I don't want to waste my Poney Tokens, so I take to the market for AC stock. Most I find are mixes.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Great idea!

I was going to say Miniatures before I even saw you'd said that :lol: I have several Miniature mares and stallions on my side account, but other than mine, there are no Miniature horses for sale/stud that I know of.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/188906
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008 wrote: Great idea!

I was going to say Miniatures before I even saw you'd said that :lol: I have several Miniature mares and stallions on my side account, but other than mine, there are no Miniature horses for sale/stud that I know of.

Yeah, I've seen multiple people asking about those recently. Do you know if there's an active/official breeding community for them? I'd be happy to temporarily take those on as one of my next breeding projects to help offer more genetic variance to the game!
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Great idea!

Yeah, I've seen multiple people asking about those recently. Do you know if there's an active/official breeding community for them? I'd be happy to temporarily take those on as one of my next breeding projects to help offer more genetic variance to the game!
No, I haven't seen any.
That's a great idea, though! I'd be happy to be one of the leaders for it if that's what you'd be interested in! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm