Community Forum

ↁahlia Arabians Project

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Charlette
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

ↁahlia Arabians Project

Post by Charlette »

━━━━━━━━━༻ ΛΗΓΙΛ ༺━━━━━━━━━

ↁΛΗΓΙΛ Standard Arabians
Aren't those dahlia flowers pretty? ♡♡♡
Hello! I've returned from my "hiatus" :mrgreen:

Not too long ago, I became interested in breeding competitively again, but this time with a fairly uncommon horse breed, specifically, Malopolskis, Shagya Arabians, or Persian Arabians, etc. Really, any extension of Arabians. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of 5* Arabians available that aren't from the AC, so I intend to start breeding them myself and make the others later.

Some of my horses' evals are already perfect, but most aren't. Luckily all I have to do is lower their height a little. After that I will start to breed them for a discipline. I'm not 100% sure which one I am going to pick yet. I am leaning on the Endurance side since Arabs are usually "decent" at it. I just don't want to end up doing what I did for my Hunter Arabians. That was quite difficult and time consuming since I had only been breeding for appearance till then. Unfortunately I picked the breed on the opposite end of the spectrum as far as what the ideal build, confo, etc. is to do well. On the plus side, I learned a lot and have finally come around to giving competitive breeding another go :lol:

I'm not going to record any generations/stats until my herd has 5* evals. Not sure how long that will take since I have significantly less time to work on things here than I used to.

Hunter R⨳S Arabians [ Project Completed ]
Discipline Summary
━━━━━━━━━༻ ༺━━━━━━━━━
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 am