Community Forum

tips pls

bee<3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

tips pls

Post by bee<3 »

Hi! Im new :). Does anyone have any tips for making money or js in general? tysm <3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: tips pls

Post by BlackOak2 »

bee<3 wrote:Hi! Im new :). Does anyone have any tips for making money or js in general? tysm <3
You'll need to acquire yourself a grinder. :D This is the bread & butter way that all of us make our day-to-day money. If you ask in the forums, somebody is likely to gift you a grinder. Or, if you can find the topics, there are players that run services for free or low-cost grinders.

For more information on grinders, see All About The Grinder Horse.

Next, just take your time learning the game. Play around with things, breed random horses together and get an overall handle on the game itself. Projects will come to you, i.e. what you want to see in the game.

Also, the rehoming feature is your friend. If you need extra monies, put a horse up with that as an ad-heading and somebody will purchase it for a certain amount. This horse is likely to be rehomed, so just keep that in mind. But otherwise, if you're good on monies, horses don't sell too fast around here, so it may be best to just rehome the horses you don't want or need, to keep yourself with the space for more horses.

Lastly, training is a long-term process, not the training-of horses, but the training-in your skills. I'd suggest tackling the space for your account over the training in your training skills.

There's a plethora of additional information in my quicklinks. Anything else, just ask as you've done in the forums and somebody will get back to you.

Welcome to the game! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cat_girl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cat_girl »

bee<3 wrote:Hi! Im new :). Does anyone have any tips for making money or js in general? tysm <3
Hey I would be willing to give you 50k for free just put up a unwanted horse and lemme know or gimme link^^
bee<3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bee<3 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
You'll need to acquire yourself a grinder. :D This is the bread & butter way that all of us make our day-to-day money. If you ask in the forums, somebody is likely to gift you a grinder. Or, if you can find the topics, there are players that run services for free or low-cost grinders.

For more information on grinders, see All About The Grinder Horse.

Next, just take your time learning the game. Play around with things, breed random horses together and get an overall handle on the game itself. Projects will come to you, i.e. what you want to see in the game.

Also, the rehoming feature is your friend. If you need extra monies, put a horse up with that as an ad-heading and somebody will purchase it for a certain amount. This horse is likely to be rehomed, so just keep that in mind. But otherwise, if you're good on monies, horses don't sell too fast around here, so it may be best to just rehome the horses you don't want or need, to keep yourself with the space for more horses.

Lastly, training is a long-term process, not the training-of horses, but the training-in your skills. I'd suggest tackling the space for your account over the training in your training skills.

There's a plethora of additional information in my quicklinks. Anything else, just ask as you've done in the forums and somebody will get back to you.

Welcome to the game! :mrgreen:
Thank you!
bee<3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bee<3 »

Cat_girl wrote:
Hey I would be willing to give you 50k for free just put up a unwanted horse and lemme know or gimme link^^
Thank you soo much! You're so kind :D https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3882759
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I agree with the above. Additionally:

I'd suggest getting a good horse trained (60,000+ HGP) and using it as a Grinder until you have a decent amount of money saved. Don't worry about breeding horses right off the bat; paying for feed (if you care to as horses cannot currently retire from lack of food) will take from your income per turn. Once you have a good amount of money you can buy higher quality horses and start breeding from there.

You can buy pretty good horses for relatively cheap from the player Market. There's some 68k+ HGP Arabians for $500 currently which can be great Endurance Grinders; you'd have to get them trained of course as they're foals, but I believe many trainers offer some sort of discount for new players. A good trainer can have a foal trained to 99% in all stats in under three in-game years; time is client side as everyone can play at their own pace, so in IRL time you'd expect a horse trained in a day by a Premium player or in 1-4 days for non-Premium players. Some players may take longer, you'll just have to read their training posts to see.

AC horses are both good and bad for different reasons. The starting HGP is low, but they're also a new bloodline that's unrelated to all other horses in the game. Breeding up a good lineage from scratch can take quite a bit of time. If it's something that interests you then I'd suggest to wait to do it until you're better established in the game and have more money to support such a project.

In my experience, you won't make a lot of money in player-made competitions unless it's a sponsorship. That being said, I am more of a breeder than a competitive player. I'm sure with top-notch horses you can make a good sum from certain shows. That being said, if you're mainly breeding horses then money made from competitions is moreso from increasing the worth of the horse you're competing. If they do well in player-made competitions then they can be more valuable to breeders and can sell for more money. I'd suggest taking a fully trained horse and entering them in level 1-4 competitions to see how they preform. If they keep at least a 90% win percentage with around 10+ starts (completed and scored competitions) then they'll be more valuable and can sell for a higher profit.

There's multiple resources that help decide what discipline is best for a horse. My fastest and least-complicated advice for that is: Thoroughbreds and horses of a similar look do well in various Racing disciplines, Arabians favor Endurance in particular, Belgians and other Drafts do well in Log Pull, the in-betweens might do well in one of the Westerns or Hunter/Jumping. Please note that's not fully accurate though. A better guide would be this one; this is a guide compiled by an experience player of the game. It suggests what an ideal horse may look like for each discipline via conformation and evaluation.

If all else fails, multiple players are likely to offer financial help, further advice, horses, etc. if you find yourself struggling. We have a pretty supportive community when it comes to aiding each other. You might even find someone willing to sponsor you (offer money, horses, etc.) until you're more experienced with the game. When in doubt, always check out the Gameplay Questions & Help and the Guides & How To forum areas to see if your question has already been addressed or has a more in-depth explanation.

Hope that helps!
bee<3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bee<3 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
I agree with the above. Additionally:

I'd suggest getting a good horse trained (60,000+ HGP) and using it as a Grinder until you have a decent amount of money saved. Don't worry about breeding horses right off the bat; paying for feed (if you care to as horses cannot currently retire from lack of food) will take from your income per turn. Once you have a good amount of money you can buy higher quality horses and start breeding from there.

You can buy pretty good horses for relatively cheap from the player Market. There's some 68k+ HGP Arabians for $500 currently which can be great Endurance Grinders; you'd have to get them trained of course as they're foals, but I believe many trainers offer some sort of discount for new players. A good trainer can have a foal trained to 99% in all stats in under three in-game years; time is client side as everyone can play at their own pace, so in IRL time you'd expect a horse trained in a day by a Premium player or in 1-4 days for non-Premium players. Some players may take longer, you'll just have to read their training posts to see.

AC horses are both good and bad for different reasons. The starting HGP is low, but they're also a new bloodline that's unrelated to all other horses in the game. Breeding up a good lineage from scratch can take quite a bit of time. If it's something that interests you then I'd suggest to wait to do it until you're better established in the game and have more money to support such a project.

In my experience, you won't make a lot of money in player-made competitions unless it's a sponsorship. That being said, I am more of a breeder than a competitive player. I'm sure with top-notch horses you can make a good sum from certain shows. That being said, if you're mainly breeding horses then money made from competitions is moreso from increasing the worth of the horse you're competing. If they do well in player-made competitions then they can be more valuable to breeders and can sell for more money. I'd suggest taking a fully trained horse and entering them in level 1-4 competitions to see how they preform. If they keep at least a 90% win percentage with around 10+ starts (completed and scored competitions) then they'll be more valuable and can sell for a higher profit.

There's multiple resources that help decide what discipline is best for a horse. My fastest and least-complicated advice for that is: Thoroughbreds and horses of a similar look do well in various Racing disciplines, Arabians favor Endurance in particular, Belgians and other Drafts do well in Log Pull, the in-betweens might do well in one of the Westerns or Hunter/Jumping. Please note that's not fully accurate though. A better guide would be this one; this is a guide compiled by an experience player of the game. It suggests what an ideal horse may look like for each discipline via conformation and evaluation.

If all else fails, multiple players are likely to offer financial help, further advice, horses, etc. if you find yourself struggling. We have a pretty supportive community when it comes to aiding each other. You might even find someone willing to sponsor you (offer money, horses, etc.) until you're more experienced with the game. When in doubt, always check out the Gameplay Questions & Help and the Guides & How To forum areas to see if your question has already been addressed or has a more in-depth explanation.

Hope that helps!
ok thank you! (:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

I'd give you this grinder, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2465419, if you want him. He's just been sitting in my barn, unused. I can put him up for offers for you.
Just offer $1 on him.
bee<3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bee<3 »

Diamond Filly wrote:
I'd give you this grinder, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2465419, if you want him. He's just been sitting in my barn, unused. I can put him up for offers for you.
Just offer $1 on him.
thank you so much! :D
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

bee<3 wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote: I'd give you this grinder, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2465419, if you want him. He's just been sitting in my barn, unused. I can put him up for offers for you.
Just offer $1 on him.
thank you so much! :D
You're welcome! I'm sure you'll take much better care of him than I will. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 6:26 am

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:26 am