Community Forum

Sooty?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
flrancho
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Sooty?

Post by flrancho »

I decided to get into Tarpan and bought a stallion I was interested in the looks of from the AC. Being Tarpan, he's obviously bay dun, but I'm wondering if this guy is also sooty? He's a lot darker than the other bay duns I've seen.

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Sooty?

Post by BlackOak2 »

flrancho wrote:I decided to get into Tarpan and bought a stallion I was interested in the looks of from the AC. Being Tarpan, he's obviously bay dun, but I'm wondering if this guy is also sooty? He's a lot darker than the other bay duns I've seen.
There is a good chance he has sooty. In my experience working with tarpans, they carry a non-progressing form of sooty (for the most part). The sooty they usually show is a half and half, where the front half of the horse is lighter than the back, or like what yours has, a splash upward of darkness from the underside.

This post, in the color guide, shows what AC stock can have (not necessarily what they do have), with some exceptions (Forest has chestnut and there is some flaxen genes that appear to be missing, Arctictea is currently researching a little on that).

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =13&t=2653
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 22, 2024 6:12 pm

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:12 pm