Community Forum

Karabair Diversity Contest: Ends June 1: 500K+ Prize

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Karabair Diversity Contest: Ends June 1: 500K+ Prize

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Hello everyone! Need a new project? Look no further!

I have way too many mares and not enough space for all of them- and KBs are kind of a VERY niche breed, so I thought I'd do this to widen the breeding pool!

The idea:
Players interested will get 1 (1) KB mare. I will also have some of my stallions up for stud upon request.
Players must choose to do one or more of the following:
-introduce vastly new genetics into the breed (mohawk, feathers, LP, grey, more tobiano, champagne, pearl, sooty etc)
-focus the breed on a different conformational aspect (I do dressage with mine, but some other examples would be racing, saddleseat, cross country, etc. etc.)

There will be prizes for two different sections:
-COLORING/genetic diversity (judged on the different genes incorporated and on looks)
and
-COMPETITIVE/conformation (judged on BR, conformation, and WPS if applicable)

Players must submit their "best" horses, one filly/mare and one colt/stallion (must be purebred KBs) by June first. Horses may be submitted into both categories. A single horse may win both categories.
NOTE: KBs that are dressage based may NOT enter into the Competitive category. KBs that are dun, bay, black or perlino without added markings may NOT enter the Coloring category.

-Players may work together, and in that case one may enter a female horse and one may enter a male horse, or they may split the prize money won from both entries.
-COI does not matter. I could not care less. Just make sure that the KBs are purebred. (If your mare dies before you have completed breeding your KBs back to pure, I can replace her).
-I generally prefer horses in the medium-very light range! Additionally, my personal preference is for slightly dished, small to medium sized faces.
-Please do not resell the mares I give away for this competition. Thank you.

PRIZES (per category):
If there are between 1 and 5 entries, the top prize will be $500,000. There will be no runner-up.
If there are between 6 and 10 entries, the top prize will be $750,000. Runner-up will receive $250,000.
If there are between 11 and 15 entries, the top prize will be $1,000,000. Runner-up will receive $450,000.
If there are 16+ entries, the top prize will be $1,750,000. Runner-up will receive $850,000.
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Re: Karabair Diversity Contest: Ends June 1: 500K+ Prize

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Quote This
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 am