Community Forum

HWO Eventing Futurity (Results Announced!)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

HWO Eventing Futurity (Results Announced!)

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Hello and welcome to HWO’s very first Eventing Futurity, hosted by Tenacious_Equine.
yeeee

Up for a challenge? Looking for some extra cash? Want to get competitive? You're in the right place!

Eventing, also known as Three-Day Eventing, is a sport that is a combination of three different disciplines (Dressage, Cross Country, and Show Jumping). A futurity is a competition involving young horses that are often nominated at or before birth.

In HWO, we have a unique set of features enabling a large number of horses to compete against each other *and* an easy way to determine past scores. This makes running a competition of this type and scale feasible.

This competition will be set up kind of similar to a real-life futurity. Mare and stallion pairings will be entered into the competition, and the foal resulting immediately after entry is the foal that will compete. Multiple pairings may be entered.
All entry fees will contribute to the prize pool. There will be two separate prize pools for the separate tiers; one for experienced or competitive players (200K tier) and one for beginning or casual players (10K tier).

As an attempt to standardize scores, points and WPS, all futurity horses will be limited to only compete in 25 competitions- level 5 only- in each futurity discipline, until the horse has been judged.

There will be competitions set up to automatically run three weeks in a row that are hosted by the futurity; all entrants must participate in at least one in each discipline, which will count as one of the 25 required competitions.

At the end of the competition period, horses will be judged based on WPS in the individual disciplines and overall, high scores, and placings in the futurity-specific competitions. Titles, money earned and points will not count towards the end scores, unless there is a tie.

I am looking for assistance monitoring the futurity and generating level 5 competitions! If you'd like to help, please PM or ping in a separate forum.

Further information, schedules, updates, and the sign-up form will be located below.

Big thank you to BlackOak2 for helping me think this through.
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Eventing Futurity (Under Construction, DO NOT POST)

Prize Money & Other
Prizes will be distributed to the owners of the top 5 horses of each tier. Players may not collect prizes in both tiers.
Pay your fees by picking up the appropriately labeled horse from This Pasture.

Prize Pools:
200K Tier:
Start: $5,000,000
Entries: $2,000,000 (10)
Total: 7.0 million

10K Tier:
Start: $250,000
Entries: $0 (0)
Total: 250 thousand

Prizes may be collected up to 72 hours after results are announced. If they are not collected, they will be distributed among the lower- placing players.
100% of entry fees go towards the prize pool.

Prize Breakdown:
40% for first
25% for second
20% for third
10% for forth
5% for fifth

Additionally, I will be offering a fully trained Karabair or Akhal-Teke stallion to the winners of each tier.
Donations are encouraged! Got a competition horse that just didn't work out, but would make a good grinder? Have a few more hundred thousand than you need? Got a rare breed mare and stallion? Ping me or shoot me a PM and I'll try to work them into the prize list!
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Fri May 28, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Schedule:
Entries Due: June 15th
Foals Popped By/Entry Fees Due: June 30th
Dressage 1: July 1st
Cross Country 1: July 2nd
Jumping 1: July 3rd
Dressage 2: July 8th
Cross Country 2: July 9th
Jumping 2: July 10th
Dressage 3: July 15th
Cross Country 3: July 16th
Jumping 3: July 17th
Competition Ends: July 20th
Awards: July 22-25th

Summary:
Mare must be entered by June 15th.
Foals may be born between entry confirmation and June 30th at the latest. Entry fees are due at this time. Withdrawing an entry will nullify all entries made by that player, and disqualify the player from entering again in the future.
Horses must be trained and competitions entered by July 15th at the latest- and all competitions should be run by July 20th.
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Thu May 20, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Rules and Guidelines:
-You may enter each mare only once. The first foal bred after the entry will count as the entry. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
-You may enter multiple mare/stallion pairs, and stallions may enter multiple times.
-You must PM or ping me, Tenacious Equine, when your foal is born, so that I can verify that the mare has not been bred multiple times for entries. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
-You must wait until I have approved your entry to pop the foal.
-Pregnant mares and foals may be sold before the foals are trained, but you must ping or PM me to notify me of this, or entry will be forfeit.
-Stomping other player’s horses or stacking competitions with the intent to boost your own WPS or points will result in disqualification or docked scores. Play fair.
-Once your foal has been approved, you may train them.
-If you cannot train or have trouble securing a trainer by the time the first comps run, it will be possible to provide you with (costly) Emergency Training. Please ping or PM me if this is the case.
-If your foal ends up stuck on a trainer’s account and misses the futurity, it may be possible to refund your entry, or at least pay you back for the money spent on training.
-Competitions can be entered between 2 and 5 years of age. Horses should not be aged beyond 5 years by the end of the competition.
-Futurity horses may be held on a frozen side account as long as I am notified of your intention to do so.
-Horses must compete in exactly 25 each of LEVEL 5 Dressage, Show Jumping, and Cross Country competitions by the time results are tallied.
-At least one of each of these must be a Futurity-hosted competition.
-Leveling out before all 25 competitions have been entered will result in disqualification.
-All competitions must be entered by the player that the horse’s entry is in the name of.
-Any disqualifications or choosing not to compete will not result in entry fees being refunded. Harassment or begging for refunds will result in blacklisting and disqualification from further events. Please recognize this before entry.

Entry Forms:

10K Tier
Stallion Link:
Pregnant Mare Link:
Mare Age when Bred:
Notes/Comments:
I Have Read and Understand the Rules and Guidelines:

200K Tier
Stallion Link:
Pregnant Mare Link:
Mare Age when Bred:
Notes/Comments:
I Have Read and Understand the Rules and Guidelines:

To enter, please copy and paste the above forms into a reply. Do not ping me. I am subscribed to this topic.
If you would like to make multiple entries, you may exclude the last two sections of the entry form for additional entries.
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Wed May 19, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Updates:
Entries close June 15th!

I will have this guy

available for stud for anyone who would like to use him in an entry (max 5 players, max 2 coverings per player). Link him in your entry if you intend to stud, and I will contact you about arranging that.
Last edited by Tenacious Equine on Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Eventing Futurity (Entries Open! 5+ mil in prizes)

Post by BlackOak2 »

Notes/Comments: All three of these mares will need to be aged to breeding age. I'm doing that now. The stallion will be aged only one turn for breeding. All three foals will be held on boarding on Oaken Fields Farm when necessary. Two of them (noted below) will be open for sale.
I Have Read and Understand the Rules and Guidelines: Yup! :mrgreen:

200K Tier
Stallion Link: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2403400
Pregnant Mare Link: Nether Sentinel (will be bred @ 4years)
Mare Age when Bred: @ 4 years
Foal: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3084964

200K Tier
Pregnant Mare Link: Demonic Visionary (will be bred @ 4years) **Foal Available For Purchase**
Foal: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3086026 (posted for sale)
**Sold to CBlueberry

200K Tier
Pregnant Mare Link: Circumstance (will be bred @ 4years) **Foal Available For Purchase**
Foal: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3086053 (posted for sale)
**Sold to Heartland2001

Futurity Fees Paid? Yes. All three have been paid.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Sun May 30, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:...
Entries accepted! :)
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

FriesianBreeder100
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FriesianBreeder100 »

Last edited by FriesianBreeder100 on Fri May 28, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

FriesianBreeder100 wrote:...
Entries accepted!

Donald
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO Eventing Futurity (Entries Open! 6+ mil in prizes)

Post by Donald »

:P
I have One mare that i would like to enter
horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3030756
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 am